Prayer..re: VA Tech Univ. Shooting

Nice & Wavy

Dear Heavenly Father,

As I come before you, I ask that you hear my prayer. I know that these are turbulent times and many, many people are losing hope in the world because of so many things that are going on.

I pray that the families for all the people that have been killed at this University find comfort in you and your Word. I pray that there will be people who will pray for them and help them through this difficult and shocking time of their lives. I pray for the parents of all these people, and the spouses and especially the children, who may have lost someone that was very close to them and I pray that the hurt that they feel at this moment, somehow be lifted and that they will experience your Peace in the midst of this storm.

I pray for all the professors and all the office workers and even the cleaning personnel that may be affected by all of this.

I also, Father, pray that everyone else in this United States of America realize that evil is present among us and that your Word says in
2 Chronicles 7:14 "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

I pray that we will understand what your plan and purpose is for our lives and turn to you for help, for we can do nothing on our own...it's only by your hand that we can find shelter in the midst of a wicked generation.

And finally, Lord, I pray for every person that will read this prayer and that if they are/have been affected by what has happened, that they too will pray and seek your face, today...that you may come and share your heart and your precious love with them.

Holy Spirit, comfort every person and bring strength to everyone mentioned in this prayer.

I thank you, Father, because I know that you hear me when I come before you. You are God Most High and I thank you for allowing me the opportunity to call out to you.

In the precious and Holy Name of Jesus....Amen.

Blessings.

Honey6928215

In Jesus' name AMEN, AMEN! May the Lord wrap His arm around the families in their time of sorrow.

My heart goes out to the families. Let's keep them in our thoughts and prayers.

Nice & Wavy

And now Father, as most of us are preparing for bed and have seen the pictures and video of the person who have done this horrible, unspeakable thing, help us to remember you and who you are and that your love never fails us. We also can know and trust your word as it is spoken in Psalm 91: 1 - "He that dwells in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the almighty." Thank you, Father that we can abide under you, for you protect us and you perfect that which concerns us, therefore we will not have fear!

You shall keep us in perfect peace as our minds are stayed on you. Help us to not get into conversations that will be contrary to what has been spoken in our hearts by the Holy Spirit whom you have given us and help us to be good stewards with your Word, speaking words of life over ourselves, our families and our friends, and not words of death. Remind us that death and life is in the power of the tongue and they that love it shall it the fruit thereof.

And so, Father...we bless your Name, the name that is above every name, that at the Name of Jesus, every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord!!!

AMEN.

Staying Prayerful, always...N&W

Last edited: