PRAYING FOR EVERYONE IN HAITI!

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Lifting you up, Pebbles, in your time of loss. May God The Comforter soothe you and your family through this trying situation. I pray for God's Ministering Angels to come with speedy relief for those in distress and the manifestation miracles for those in need. May Holy Spirit give peace in the middle of this storm to everyone grieving. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Amen!

:bighug:
Lifting you up, Pebbles, in your time of loss. May God The Comforter soothe you and your family through this trying situation. I pray for God's Ministering Angels to come with speedy relief for those in distress and the manifestation miracles for those in need. May Holy Spirit give peace in the middle of this storm to everyone grieving. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Crown

Just to say thanks to all of you for your prayers!

My husband traveled Sunday (mission) in Haiti, he is still there and safe, he will be repatriate soon. So I had some very very bad days and nights, until I finally know.
All our family : safe.

I am rejoicing and crying at the same time because I know so much who are dead, friends or not.

It is like a very scary nightmare, but it's real!

Pebbles and all of you, I am praying for you.

Please continue to pray, (there still is earthquake).

I just don't understand, but in the good and the bad, glory to our Almighty God!

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
Pebbles, i am sorry to hear about your family, my prayers are with you and your family.

Everyone please continue to pray, miracles are happening as we speak. My family is still missing, my brother & sister. I ask the Lord to keep them safe & sound and for help to be gotten to everyone who needs it there. God bless Haiti.

Laela

Crown.. I'm praising God right along with you that your family is safe! Glory be to God!
:clap:

My prayers are also with those still going through.

God bless
:rosebud:

Just to say thanks to all of you for your prayers!

My husband traveled Sunday (mission) in Haiti, he is still there and safe, he will be repatriate soon. So I had some very very bad days and nights, until I finally know.
All our family : safe.

I am rejoicing and crying at the same time because I know so much who are dead, friends or not.

It is like a very scary nightmare, but it's real!

Pebbles and all of you, I am praying for you.

Please continue to pray, (there still is earthquake).

I just don't understand, but in the good and the bad, glory to our Almighty God!

Renovating

Lifting up everyone that was affected by this devastating tragedy. I will remain in continuous prayer that:

Phil 4:7
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus

Nice & Wavy

I'm still praying for these people. It's good to see them praying and praising God on the air.

Thanks for praying, ladies!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I'm still praying for these people. It's good to see them praying and praising God on the air.

Thanks for praying, ladies!
Amen, :Rose: Amen.

I may not be on the forum as much, but my heart is still in prayer with and for everyone hurting and affected by this.

Haiti shall arise and live and to God be the Glory for it. :Rose:

Last edited:

Laela

Encouraging all to remember Haiti among the nations for prayer, as the Spirit of God leads you, as Duvalier returns from exile. I pray for a great peace in this land, for a positive change, from all these tragedies.

Proverbs 28

'Baby Doc' followed in his father's footsteps

(CNN) -- When Jean-Claude Duvalier became Haiti's "president for life," it wasn't meant to be.

Now, nearly 25 years being ousted, observers are wondering if the former dictator is preparing for a second act. The former dictator unexpectedly returned to his homeland Sunday, as details of what he hopes to accomplish remain unclear.

Nicknamed "Baby Doc," Duvalier inherited the title of "president for life" in 1971 upon the death of his father, Francois "Papa Doc" Duvalier, who had ruled with a iron fist through his paramilitary force, the Tonton Macoute.

Just 19 years old at the time he came to power, Baby Doc became one of the world's youngest heads of state.

Haitians initially celebrated his ascension, thinking that the young man would be less oppressive than his father, said Marjorie Valbrun, a Haitian-American writer and contributor to theroot.com and America's Wire.

"But that didn't turn out to be the case," she said.

Duvalier used his father's security apparatus to continue ruling in a totalitarian fashion.

A chunky young man when he assumed power, Duvalier didn't look the part of a dictator, said Robert Pastor, a Latin America national security adviser for President Jimmy Carter in the late 1970s.

In fact, there was speculation that his father's cronies and security forces were in charge.

"The Tonton Macoute and security people around him were running the country at least as much as he was," Pastor said.

During the 15 years of Baby Doc's rule, "there was no political space whatsoever," he said. "He kept the place in complete repression." This included the torture of opponents and the taking of political prisoners.

There were also allegations that Duvalier was corrupt. There was no question that when he was ousted in 1986 he had amassed a large fortune, Pastor said.

Valbrun, who has spent time with Duvalier, wrote that Baby Doc embezzled at least $500 million from Haiti during his rule, citing Haitian government officials and lawyers, and American officials. She described a life of luxury that Duvalier lived in France after the protests that pushed him out of power, and how that money eventually ran out.

When Duvalier and his wife left Haiti for the last time in 1986, "when they were walking out, the people jeered at them and cursed them," Valbrun said. He would not return until Sunday.

Subsequent Haitian administrations have said that Duvalier would be arrested to face charges if he ever returned, though no such move against him had been made as of Monday evening.

During his long absence, Haiti was always on his mind, Valbrun said.

He woke up every day and talked to supporters in Haiti and checked the Haitian media, she said. He also had a website for his supporters.

In Haiti on Monday, an associate of Duvalier said that he had returned because he was moved by the one-year anniversary of the devastating earthquake in Haiti, and because he was homesick.

Pastor said that it wasn't far-fetched that these may be the reasons for his return, but that it would be naive to think that there aren't other motives as well.

Baby Doc arrives at a time of political and social crisis in Haiti. A scheduled runoff election for the president that was to take place Sunday was postponed because of a review by the Organization of American States that showed that one spot in the runoff was given to the wrong candidate.

"It does create a lot of problems for an extremely weak government that is trying to assess whether the election process should go on or not," Pastor said.

It is not a good time for the current government to address his presence, he said.

"It's surprising that he came back now, but I knew that the wanted to come back and that his heart was still in Haiti," Valbrun said.