Praying to God for hair vanity?

@softblackcotton,
BTW, what's ur reggie?

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Long Hair Care Forum App

I don't really have a dead set reggie yet since my current is not working I am in experimental mode again:

Put hair in 6-8 large plaits.

Wash (clarifying AO green tea shampoo), deep condition, de-tangle in shower with shower comb and conditioner on wet-damp hair every 1-2 weeks.

After wash, Put Leave-In, set wash and go curly fro. I can't do any other style since my hair lengths are so uneven. Set curls with gel, I have 4 a/b mostly 4b hair.

Moisturize with S-Curl No drip Spray once or twice a day depending on how dry my hair is.

Aphogee two step every month.

That's about it. My hair was doing ok in the summer, just ok, and now it's not. :look:

I don't really have a dead set reggie yet since my current is not working I am in experimental mode again:

Put hair in 6-8 large plaits.

Wash (clarifying AO green tea shampoo), deep condition, de-tangle in shower with shower comb and conditioner on wet-damp hair every 1-2 weeks.

After wash, Put Leave-In, set wash and go curly fro. I can't do any other style since my hair lengths are so uneven. Set curls with gel, I have 4 a/b mostly 4b hair.

Moisturize with S-Curl No drip Spray once or twice a day depending on how dry my hair is.

Aphogee two step every month.

That's about it. My hair was doing ok in the summer, just ok, and now it's not. :look:

Have you gotten reggie feedback on the hair forum? At first glance I know that with my 4b hair, I cannot use shampoo unless it is absolutely sulfate free. It utterly dries out my strands such that the hair mats and it takes weeks for the natural oils to build up again. Also, Aphogee treatments tended to be good when I was relaxed, but too much when natural. Protein overdose can make the hair brittle. And lastly, I've found that conditioner washing a couple of times a week has been really good for growth and staying moisturized, even if I'm already using moisturizing spray.

I believe that society's problem is sin and sinful self-centeredness. People are constantly doing what hurts others. Genuine love of neighbor and love of God as the Bible commands would alleviate any problems associated with patriarchy.

I definitely do not believe that matriarchy or feminism will or have led us down a healthier path. So long as people indulge self-centeredness society will suffer. OOW births, STD rates, abortions and the like show that trading one ideology for another isn't the answer.

But most of the Bible is centered on men and the male experience. Most, if not all the writers of the Bible were men therefore, the Bible centers more on the male voice. Most people that were even able to read the Bible back in the day were men. How is that not self-centered around men? Societies that believe in ultimate male authority will naturally become self-centered to men's interest. Just like we believe that under God's authority, His interest and will would take precedence. Why do you think most of the Biblical laws were written with men in mind. Why were men more involved in Biblical holidays and temple?

No offense, but anyone who believes a certain gender is closer to God/godliness than the other will NEVER see the two genders as "equal neighbors." This is nearly impossible no matter how much you love others.

Most men in "male authoritative" societies would never want to be treated like women, so the whole "treat your neighbor as you yourself" would apply within a gender and not across it.

And who spoke about matriarchy?

Last edited:
H
Have you gotten reggie feedback on the hair forum? At first glance I know that with my 4b hair, I cannot use shampoo unless it is absolutely sulfate free. It utterly dries out my strands such that the hair mats and it takes weeks for the natural oils to build up again. Also, Aphogee treatments tended to be good when I was relaxed, but too much when natural. Protein overdose can make the hair brittle. And lastly, I've found that conditioner washing a couple of times a week has been really good for growth and staying moisturized, even if I'm already using moisturizing spray.

Great idea I do need get some Reggie feedback I feel it's so hard for me to find one that works for me. My hair is full of mid strand spilts and is constantly breaking off into little o's

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Long Hair Care Forum App

But most of the Bible is centered on men and the male experience. Most, if not all the writers of the Bible were men therefore, the Bible centers more on the male voice. Most people that were even able to read the Bible back in the day were men. How is that not self-centered around men? Societies that believe in ultimate male authority will naturally become self-centered to men's interest. Just like we believe that under God's authority, His interest and will would take precedence. Why do you think most of the Biblical laws were written with men in mind. Why were men more involved in Biblical holidays and temple?

No offense, but anyone who believes a certain gender is closer to God/godliness than the other will NEVER see the two genders as "equal neighbors." This is nearly impossible no matter how much you love others.

Most men in "male authoritative" societies would never want to be treated like women, so the whole "treat your neighbor as you yourself" would apply within a gender and not across it.

Something I find interesting in conversations such as these is that scriptural truths are held under a harsher light than other accepted societal norms. For instance, there are numerous problems with the education system and yet we don't suggest that the education system itself is invalid. Police officers abuse their authority all the time, but we accept their validity nonetheless. The criminal justice system has unjustly ruined the lives of many--especially black men--but it's understood that that means there's a glitch in the system, not that people should no longer be sent to prison for their crimes.

The world is fallen. There is no answer to the ills of patriarchy other than obedience to Christ. There's no other way of doing things that is going to lead to a better result other than becoming Christ-like people.

But in general, there's nothing in the Bible that says that men are holier than women or that the Lord favors men over women. God is not a respecter of persons and the verse in Galatians saying that there is neither male nor female in Christ shows that God's grace is given freely to all without respect to gender.

But the provision of the Lord's grace for salvation and knowledge of Him is quite different than how He has chosen to institute order in this world. As Watchman Nee said, "don't confuse God's grace with His government." I don't consider President Obama to be a more worthwhile person than anyone else, nor more deserving, but that's something entirely different than his position of authority as a leader.

I'm not sure I see in what way Scripture favors men in God's provision of blessings or His commands. I've also never read the Bible and felt that I couldn't relate to what was being said because the Holy Spirit spoke through a man. The interests of men and women are only separate if they are competing against one another to have their own way at the expense of the other. Scripture doesn't pit men's interests against women's--we do that.

Last edited:
Something I find interesting in conversations such as these is that scriptural truths are held under a harsher light than other accepted societal norms. For instance, there are numerous problems with the education system and yet we don't suggest that the education system itself is invalid. Police officers abuse their authority all the time, but we accept their validity nonetheless. The criminal justice system has unjustly ruined the lives of many--especially black men--but it's understood that that means there's a glitch in the system, not that people should no longer be sent to prison for their crimes.

The world is fallen. There is no answer to the ills of patriarchy other than obedience to Christ. There's no other way of doing things that is going to lead to a better result other than becoming Christ-like people.

But in general, there's nothing in the Bible that says that men are holier than women or that the Lord favors men over women. God is not a respecter of persons and the verse in Galatians saying that there is neither male nor female in Christ shows that God's grace is given freely to all without respect to gender.

But the provision of the Lord's grace for salvation and knowledge of Him is quite different than how He has chosen to institute order in this world. As Watchman Nee said, "don't confuse God's grace with His government." I don't consider President Obama to be a more worthwhile person than anyone else, nor more deserving, but that's something entirely different than his position of authority as a leader.

I'm not sure I see in what way Scripture favors men in God's provision of blessings or His commands. I've also never read the Bible and felt that I couldn't relate to what was being said because the Holy Spirit spoke through a man. The interests of men and women are only separate if they are competing against one another to have their own way at the expense of the other. Scripture doesn't pit men's interests against women's--we do that.

Of course scriptural truths are held under a harsher light/stronger magnifying glass than societal norms. Why SHOULDN'T they be? The Bible makes it loud and clear that it's own norms are divinely inspired, absolute, and not of human origin. That is a powerful claim and therefore, we must treat what the Bibles says about Scriptural truths more seriously.

Interestingly, Genesis implies that "male authority" is the direct result of sin; "the fall." God only ordained male headship AFTER they disobeyed. So personally I believe male authority over women IS a reason why the world is still fallen.

But great response on your part. :yep: I guess we will agree to disagree.

What has being under the authority of men done for us women but cause us pain and a loss of our humanity? Every society where men have been placed over women (including so-called Godly societies ie Ancient Israel) women have suffered in extraordinary ways.

Do we really want our hair to remind us of this?
There should be a noted distinction between a society that had those inposession of male attributes in charge and those who had real god fearing men in charge. Being under the authority of the first group of imposters brings nothing but pain and misery. Being under the God ordained authority of the latter group brings a woman love, security, protection, full provision (spiritually, financially, physically, mentally), and brings the most important thing of all, a spiritual covering that comes from a godly man who is hearing from and obedient to the God that knows what that woman needs and chooses to use men to fulfill her needs. There are real godly societies and their are so called godly societies but they are not the same thing. God does not support abuse of women. Yes, I think I do want my hair as a reminder of what God intends and wants for me. It would not remind me of something negative b/c there is a marked difference between those claiming Him and those doing the do. JMHO

There should be a noted distinction between a society that had those inposession of male attributes in charge and those who had real god fearing men in charge. Being under the authority of the first group of imposters brings nothing but pain and misery. Being under the God ordained authority of the latter group brings a woman love, security, protection, full provision (spiritually, financially, physically, mentally), and brings the most important thing of all, a spiritual covering that comes from a godly man who is hearing from and obedient to the God that knows what that woman needs and chooses to use men to fulfill her needs. There are real godly societies and their are so called godly societies but they are not the same thing. God does not support abuse of women. Yes, I think I do want my hair as a reminder of what God intends and wants for me. It would not remind me of something negative b/c there is a marked difference between those claiming Him and those doing the do. JMHO

Nicola and Prudent1, I love your responses. Straight up 'Word' from God.

I'll be honest, haven't folks heard the 'Word', that 'Black Women' don't take anything off of any man... period! :look: :look: :look:

Sorry... I just had to go 'there'. :rolleyes:

I believe that society's problem is sin and sinful self-centeredness. People are constantly doing what hurts others. Genuine love of neighbor and love of God as the Bible commands would alleviate any problems associated with patriarchy.

I definitely do not believe that matriarchy or feminism will or have led us down a healthier path. So long as people indulge self-centeredness society will suffer. OOW births, STD rates, abortions and the like show that trading one ideology for another isn't the answer.

But we all realize that that is not a symptom of feminism, right?

Are you asking why the Lord created it to be such or challenging that that is not, in fact, the case or ought not be the case?

To you and SND111
It could be that woman completes the man and takes away his loneliness or something to that effect (partner in advice, in life etc.). I don't think we have the entire meaning of it yet and we certainly are selfish beings, causing lots of harm to others.

Back to hair:

For me, it's a personal tribute and I do pray about it that I'll not cut and grow it the longest it can be and for health. I don't feel for one minute that my dedication to it is bad vanity, which, btw, does not equate with being vain. That's a whole other issue. As humans, we naturally crave some sort of vanity and this is how G-d made us.

Last edited:

Because Hebrews are a paternalistic society and that's the one G-d chose through whom to reveal Himself at Sinai. I know people suck and I don't typically have a traditional christian culture mindset like a lot of women do...but if it's any consolation, Jesus crowned His mother Mary as Queen of Heaven.:yep: No other human, apostle, prophet, higher than her. He lurve His momma.

It's been ages since I been around here but I like this thread esp what Prudent said. I have never ever thought of it as vain because of what the WORD says about women and their hair. I agree with Prudent. It depends on the person. I never had concerns about my hair and I stumbled on the site by accident. I immediately thought that God drove me here and that he wants to use me to be a blessing to others about hair growth. I have prayed about my hair once or twice. It has definitely grown- the longest length is APL. I am not full APL YET. It's all down to Him. He wants me to have beautiful hair.

To you and SND111It could be that woman completes the man and takes away his loneliness or something to that effect (partner in advice, in life etc.).

I don't think we have the entire meaning of it yet and we certainly are selfish beings, causing lots of harm to others.

Back to hair:

For me, it's a personal tribute and I do pray about it that I'll not cut and grow it the longest it can be and for health. I don't feel for one minute that my dedication to it is bad vanity, which, btw, does not equate with being vain. That's a whole other issue. As humans, we naturally crave some sort of vanity and this is how G-d made us.

At the bolded, this is so true and it's in scripture. When Sarah (Issac's mother) died, the Word of God says that he was lonely and that's when his Abraham (his father) sent his servant out to obtain a wife Issac, his son.

A woman does indeed complete and does bring comfort to a man. A 'comfort' that no man can bring, otherwise his father would have fulfllled the void in his heart.

God indicated this from the very beginning with Adam. Instead of a man, God created a woman to complete him; to replace the lonliness of his existance upon this earth. Men cannot live without the love of a woman. Not even men who say they are gay, for they still seek and gravitate towards the love of woman in their lives.

Men, no matter what, have an unending need / desire for women to complete them.

"Selah" ... :pray:

At the bolded, this is so true and it's in scripture. When Sarah (Issac's mother) died, the Word of God says that he was lonely and that's when his Abraham (his father) sent his servant out to obtain a wife Issac, his son.

A woman does indeed complete and does bring comfort to a man. A 'comfort' that no man can bring, otherwise his father would have fulfllled the void in his heart.

God indicated this from the very beginning with Adam. Instead of a man, God created a woman to complete him; to replace the lonliness of his existance upon this earth. Men cannot live without the love of a woman. Not even men who say they are gay, for they still seek and gravitate towards the love of woman in their lives.

Men, no matter what, have an unending need / desire for women to complete them.

"Selah" ... :pray:

I notice how it says it is good for a MAN to find a wife. Not the other way around.

Back