Praying for Israel

Nice & Wavy

In Deuteronomy 32:10 and Zechariah 2:8, the Lord God calls Israel "The apple of his eye." And to Abraham, God said in Genesis 12:2-3, "I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." And Psalm 122:6 also encourages us to "pray for the peace of Jerusalem."

Dear Heavenly Father,

I pray for the peace of Jerusalem today. I am so sad to see the violence and suffering as people are injured and killed in Israel right at this moment. I pray for justice and your sovereign righteousness over Israel, Lord...and at the same time I pray for mercy for everyone involved. I pray for the government and peoples and I ask for your kingdom to come and rule over the land. Protect the soldiers and civilians from bloodshed that is occurring right now. May your truth and light shine in the darkness and where there is hatred, may your love prevail. Help me as a Christian to support those who you support Lord, and to bless those who you bless, my God. Bring your salvation to Israel, dear God. Bring your salvation to the whole earth that all who don't know you, will come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

In Jesus precious and Holy Name, amen.

Nice & Wavy

"We use God's mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments." 2 Corin. 10:4 NLT

Christians need to pray.......:nono:

SummerSolstice

interesting meme thats going around facebook. I don't understand how this is at all correct. I just don't.

ETA: aren't Jews arabic as well? I'm just lost none if it makes sense.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Yes.. and I agree... praying for the Palestianians as well... :yep:

The Lord Jesus Christ has already died, to relieve us of the "eye for an eye" law that many insist on living by today, whether they are Jews or Palestinians. Jerusalem means "peace" As commanded by God, we must pray for Jerusalem, because it is the city of the King of Kings -- a city close to God's Heart --and what I believe to be the most important place on earth.

Can we pray for Palestinian people too? They're dying as well.

Nice & Wavy

Surely if anyone would like to start a thread to pray for Palenstine, please feel free to do so.

The bible calls for us to pray for the peace of Jeruselem and that is the reason for THIS thread. Doesnt mean I dont pray for Palenstine people and other nations.

Thank you.

Nice & Wavy

Yes.. and I agree... praying for the Palestianians as well... :yep:

The Lord Jesus Christ has already died, to relieve us of the "eye for an eye" law that many insist on living by today, whether they are Jews or Palestinians. Jerusalem means "peace" As commanded by God, we must pray for Jerusalem, because it is the city of the King of Kings -- a city close to God's Heart --and what I believe to be the most important place on earth.

Thank you for sharing this post, Laela...i appreciate you.