Pre Poo with Moisturizing Conditioner Followed by Light Protein???

NYLegalNewbie

Has anyone ever tried pre pooing with a moisturizing deep conditioner and then, after shampooing, used a light protein?

If so, what were your results???

Diya

I usually do it in the reverse order: prepoo with a protein conditioner --> rinse --> and then follow up with a moisturizing conditioner (+/- shampooing) to replace the moisture. I've never tried it the other way, but I would guess that your hair might be left a little dry or hard by having the protein as the last step.

WomanlyCharm

I usually do it in the reverse order: prepoo with a protein conditioner --> rinse --> and then follow up with a moisturizing conditioner (+/- shampooing) to replace the moisture. I've never tried it the other way, but I would guess that your hair might be left a little dry or hard by having the protein as the last step.

I completely agree...like Diya said, I always do my protein first, then moisturizing condish so it's not hard when I'm done. :yep:

aloof one

First I do my pre-pooing with some kinda protein conditioner (or moisture if I need it) & oil SECOND I do Creme of Nature (moisture) as a Deep conditoner THEN I follow with Garnier Fructis Length & Strenth (protein) Conditioner... this typically works for me

Whatever you use, just make sure you use some moisture in your leave in and I think you should be fine.

Ms. Plain Jane

I only do it the other way. I pre-poo with a moisturizing dominican conditioner + oil, use a moisturizing shampoo (or Fantasia's 100% Pure Tea Tree Shampoo if I need to clarify), then use a protein treatment, followed by my beloved Elasta QP Intense Conditioner. My hair is always soft and manageable and, best of all, I can comb through it! From there I either use a moisturizing leave in or a protein leave in, depending upon my hair's need.

The only product that I use time after time is the Elasta QP Intense, so maybe that's my saving grace? I got a touch up today and my stylist fell in love with it.

I haven't tried it your way, but maybe one day I will. :grin:

Ms. Plain Jane

First I do my pre-pooing with some kinda protein conditioner (or moisture if I need it) & oil SECOND I do Creme of Nature (moisture) as a Deep conditoner THEN I follow with Garnier Fructis Length & Strenth (protein) Conditioner... this typically works for me

Whatever you use, just make sure you use some moisture in your leave in and I think you should be fine.

Have you tried the shampoo? I have it, but I have not used it yet.