POLL: Do You Pre-poo?

Do you pre-poo?

• I pre-poo before every wash. I do it religiously.

Votes: 47 32.6%
  • I pre-poo occassionally

Votes: 60 41.7%
  • I never pre-poo

Votes: 37 25.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nymane

I pre poo with Suave Conditioners (no oils) for detangling purposes...very effective for me.

ThickRoot

I voted never pre-poo. I don't see that point if I'm shampooing cause I want the poo to have a certain effect on my hair. Also, I don't use poo with sulfates so what I use is not harsh or stripping to my hair.

leiah

I make sure my hair is sufficiently oily, I guess, or built up with product before I shampoo. Usually that comes from the products I use over the course of a week or so, but if I really want to wash and I feel my hair isn't "dirty" enough I'll oil my hair for a few hours before I wash it

TruMe

I always pre-poo. When i shampoo, i put olive oil on for about 15 mins. On co-wash days, i mix condish with essential oils. It has helped with my porosity issue.

tolly

I use coconut oil occasionally. I don't notice any difference in my hair when I don't use it. I read about hygral fatigue and Just slather some coconut oil before mu shampoo whenever I remember.

Aggie

I always pre-poo thanks to the person who started the "you need a moisture drenched pre-poo" thread. They shared Chicoro's recipe and after one try it was hard to resist the butter-moist feel it gave me. And like atlcutey20 I also just plain did not want to get in and out of the shower, so I also put deep conditioner on top of the pre-poo and rinse it all out as my co-wash.

I voted sometimes but honestly, I forgot I was supposed to try this prepoo. I know if I do, I will return to doing them before every shampoo. Thanks for the reminder. I need to go look this up right now. I will also need some more evco:rolleyes:.

springy_curly

Prepooing isn't a necessity, but I do it religiously. It's more convenient bc I can be confident that my hair will be moisturized at the end of my washing routine regardless of what products I'm using. This makes my wash days and styling sessions more predictable. For me, no surprises = no ripping my hair in frustration

curlyhersheygirl

I pre-poo religiously. I use an oil mix for three weeks then a clay/conditioner mix on the last week.

For me it has improved my moisture retention 100% :yep:

Aggie

moisture-drench prepooing right now:grin:. I really love this prepoo. It does wonder in softening my 14 week post texlaxed hair.

Victorian

old head
Yep :yep: Pre-treating is an essential step in my regimen. I like for my straightened hair to soak up as much of the pre-poo as possible before shampooing. I also don't like getting out of the shower after shampooing and then having to get back in after DC. A lot of DC leave too much coating on my hair and interfere with my blow dry results. I pre-poo with Frederic Fekkai Protein RX PM Repair Treatment and/or jojoba oil, or I'll just use some Aubrey GPB.

I still condition in the shower, I just do it for 3 minutes or so (which, incidentally, is how long most of my conditioners say to leave it in anyway). My hair gets overconditioned very easily, so this ends up working perfectly for me.

Ogoma

I pre-poo because it helps me with detangling. I detangle with AVJ (recent addition) and oils, and slather on some conditioner to detangle before I cleanse. I noticed detangling earlier in the process helps reduce the frizz that comes from my curls/coils unraveling.

winona

I preposterous because it helps with detangling. I normally use some kind of butter or oil.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

sweetypoo705

I pre-poo with EVCO EVOO mixture with my Dc on top- has helped in moisture retension and detangling during lengthy relaxer stretches:yep: