Pre-Pooing

luvn_life

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and to wearing my real hair. I was wondering what do you use to pre-poo?? I know this is probably something discussed in previous threads but, I couldn't find any.

Thanks

luvn_life

So, I guess I thought I knew what pre- pooing was, but I don't think I do. What is it? Do you condition your hair? and then shampoo it, and then deep condition again?? Sorry, but, I hear that pre-pooing is really good so I want to know how to do it.
Thanks

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Welcome noob! :wave:

I use Jehan Pre Shampoo oil from www.shescentit.com, it's the best oil I've ever used to pre poo with

Some people have better success using conditioners, some have better results using oils

Some feel that since they pre poo, they don't have to dc (deep condition) after shampooing. Others feel that you still need to dc, since pre pooing is only used for protecting hair from shampoo. You kinda have to play around and see what works for you. I HAVE to dc after shampooing, but others don't

poookie

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and to wearing my real hair. I was wondering what do you use to pre-poo?? I know this is probably something discussed in previous threads but, I couldn't find any.

Thanks

first of all, WELCOME!!!

and secondly, pre-pooing is a step taken before washing the hair. like, a product or mix you slather on the hair, and let sit before washing.

it can be almost anything. some people put deep conditioner on as a pre-poo, then skip the deep conditioning step after shampooing. others take any ol' conditioner, leave it on for a while, and co-wash by just rinsing out the pre-poo concoction.

take the time now to shop around, and find which conditioners work best for your hair. after spending a little more time on the site, i'm sure you'll find hundreds of great suggestions on which products to use.

hope that helped! :)