What do you use when pre-poo

Ebony Majesty

EDIT: ok the thread title is meant to say what do you use when YOU pre-poo (sorry)

Searched for a thread which was similar but couldn't find one. Anyway, those who pre-poo:

1. What do you use to pre-poo?

2. What benefits do you get from pre-pooing?

:)

I pre-poo'ed with olive oil a couple of times before joining the forum (not anymore) but I'll like to see what everyone else believes works for them

EDIT: ok the thread title is meant to say what do you use when YOU pre-poo (sorry)

Last edited:

glamazon386

stilettos said:
Searched for a thread which was similar but couldn't find one. Anyway, those who pre-poo:

1. What do you use to pre-poo?

2. What benefits do you get from pre-pooing?

:)

I pre-poo'ed with olive oil a couple of times before joining the forum (not anymore) but I'll like to see what everyone else believes works for them

I use EVOO, 1 Egg, and Honey. It just makes it softer.

GlamourGirl

I mix Dabur Amla oil, Vatika coconut oil, Brahmi-Amla, and ojon together for a pre-poo. I have found that my hair is super strong, and nice and soft. Also my ends are much healthier and look and feel alot stronger.

ShaniKeys

I use a moisturizing mask from the Body Shop called Brazil Nut, I've been using it for half a year now. It's done wonders to my hair, it makes my hair soft and truly moisturizes my hair and makes my scalp less dry. I also love the way it defines the different curl patterns in my hair:D

Attachments

• Brazil Nut.jpg
    Brazil Nut.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 10

sugarose

My pre-poo is usually a random mix of conditioners that didn’t work on their own, and oil. Right now it consists of:

Parnevu (sp?) hair mayo
Breakfree condish
Gueye hair growth oil

*about 2 washes ago I poured some of my apple cider vinegar & water mix because I wanted to stretch it.

My hair is so much softer, stronger, and healthier since I've been pre-pooing with this mixture. Also my comb just slides through my hair, no tangles!!

BrownSkin2

I do a hot oil treatment with castor oil and/or conditioner. I let it sit on wet hair for about 20 minutes before shampooing. It's made my hair softer.

pistachio

Use 1/2 cup of yogurt, and 1/2 cup of coconut milk. It moisturaes my hair so that the shampoo isn't as drying on the scalp. Even moisturizing poos are drying to an extent.

amina kamal

I like unrefined coconut oil. I use a hot towel turban and put a plastic baggie on top for a steam treatment. The steam really helps the oil to penetrate/moisturize my hair.

thesweetone

BrownSkin2 said:
I do a hot oil treatment with castor oil and/or conditioner. I let it sit on wet hair for about 20 minutes before shampooing. It's made my hair softer.

This is what I do!!! Except I don't heat it. I use castor oil and GPB. I leave it on for an hour while I do things around the house then I shampoo and condition. Sometimes I just saturate my hair with coconut oil. I find that Pre-pooing makes my hair softer.

Ebony Majesty

I think I might have to try pre-poo'ing again. My hair doesn't feel as soft as it used to :look:

Thanks for the replies :)

Anyone else?

Cichelle

Coconut oil, but only before using shampoo. I normally cowash and don't use anything before it.

The coconut oil keeps the shampoo from drying out my hair too much.

navsegda

Well, right now I'm pre-pooing (have been for the past hour) with Dabur Vatika oil. Pre-pooing makes my hair more manageable and soft.

angelita842002

I prepoo with jojoba oil, castor oil or hot six oil. I heat it up in the microwave apply to dry hair and put a shower cap on. I let it sit anywere from 30 mintues toa couple of hours if im cleaning my house or something like that. It leaves my hair soft and moisturized after i shampoo.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I have been pre-pooing with Amla Oil overnight or at least 2 hours before I cowash or shampoo. I use it to strengthen and nourish my hair. I have found my hair looks "rich" and healthy whenever I use the Amla Oil.

I've used the Vatika Oil but Amla really does it for me. I also have a bottle of Aveda Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate and EVOO that I need to try, but I am so in love with Amla, I haven't wanted to try anything else.

But I will though!....

GlamourGirl

january noir said:
I have been pre-pooing with Amla Oil overnight or at least 2 hours before I cowash or shampoo. I use it to strengthen and nourish my hair. I have found my hair looks "rich" and healthy whenever I use the Amla Oil.

I've used the Vatika Oil but Amla really does it for me. I also have a bottle of Aveda Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate and EVOO that I need to try, but I am so in love with Amla, I haven't wanted to try anything else.

But I will though!....

Isn't it great?!!! I love Amla!!

Gryphyn

I use coconut oil and a bit of LeKair cholesterol conditioner. My hair isn't as dry and it doesn't get as tangled after shampooing.

lonei

I use NTM Silk Touch Leave in (to detangle) then use Keracare essential oils with a foil cap overnight, it makes it softer and helps withsatnd drying effects of shampoo.

Brownsis

The only thing I use is shea butter, sometimes I mix it with jojoba oil.
When I co wash i don't use anything before, I just co wash and deep condition.