Product Ingredients...

Do you choose products based on the listed ingredients?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beautyaddict1913

True. It took me 30 minutes to find a deep conditioner in the BSS because the one I saw someone on Youtube recommend has Mineral Oil as ingredient #2 and so did most of the other ones. I saw one on the shelf advertised as an "Olive Oil" conditioner and the third ingredient was mineral oil while olive oil was at the bottom of the list. :nono:

what did u end up buying?

Aireen

Yes on conditioners only though, I need to work on my shampoo ingredient knowledge. :look:

For conditioners, I look at type of ingredients and their placement on the list. My products must have water as the first ingredient. Fatty alcohols, proteins, glycerin, oils (except mineral oil) are a GREAT bonus; cones can be there but it's not a must. :rolleyes: Those are the main things I can remember that I look for. Fruit/flower extracts are irrelevant to me since I don't know their purpose and I don't trust everything on the back of the bottle if they state their function. I'm not saying what's on the back of the bottle is a lie but sometimes it's a lot of hype to attract customers and you never know, the percentage of that ingredient may or may not be enough to actually have a great impact on your hair.

Mad Scientist

I do...kind of. When I'm looking at ingredients, I really don't know for sure what I'm looking at. So I basically judge if it has natural ingredients like natural oils and extracts vs. a lot of long chemical names that I can't pronounce.