Product Junkies - How do you budget for your beauty products?

Glib Gurl

How do you (or do you) budget for purchasing your products? Do you keep a special fund of "mad money" around for this purpose? Does it come out of your general household budget? How often do you buy things just so you can experiment?

almondjoi85

Hey! I'm currently working my hair budget for 2008! I plan to only allot myself money for the doobie spot every other week, and a minimum amount for products. I'm going to start using things up and saving receipts so if I don't like it I can return it.

LaShanne

Unfortunately i have no real budget set aside for my PJ tendencies. I come on this board and if someone with my hair type really raves about something, I'll give it a shot. I do this because I have no set regimen that works without fail. I'm still looking. I try to wait and buy my products right after payday. Now if it's a big ticket item, I'll put money aside. This is why I stay broke!

nappity

what makes me a Product Junkie is that I buy with little to no regard for my budget!!!! I swear I feel that I need a 12 step group:spinning:

Artemis

what makes me a Product Junkie is that I buy with little to no regard for my budget!!!! I swear I feel that I need a 12 step group:spinning:

Same here. The "Use it Up" challenge just isn't working for me :ohwell: I need a sponsor that will LITERALLY push me out of the BSS and take my wallet away from me :perplexed :spinning: It really is that bad...I will try harder for 2008 :yep:

RosesBlack

I have learned to actually research products I'm interested in and that has cut way down on my pj-ism.

And I make sure I give whatever product a months worth of uses before making up my mind unless my hair absolutely freaks out.

I think I'm not a pj anymore come to think about it. I used to buy anything that looked nice, smelled nice, seemed good etc and I don't do that anymore mostly.

Although I am a sucker for things that smell good still.

caramelcutieinva

I don't. I just see hair stuff and buy. But I do have my regular household budget.

^ Me too .... I catch most things on sale .... I have a much bigger addiction for coupons then products lol

I did join the budget challenge for 08 after I tried to total up my budget and it was about $1000.

pisceschica

I do not have a budge since I still live with my parents. But I really dont spend too much money on my hair in addition to that since I have a license I am able to get most professional products (at prof only stores) for deep discounts. I work at a salon but the only thing that they carry that would work for me is mizani but I'm not really a big fan of their shampoos.

Even with my discount at times it makes more sense to go to ebay and get it. Even with shipping and handling most of the time it ends up being significantly cheaper than at prof only store or work.

glamazon386

I don't budget for them. :look: If I see something I want to try, I'll buy it. It's not like every week though. So $5 here and there doesn't hurt. It could be worse. I could be spending that $ on fast food. :ohwell:

Also, I do my own hair the majority of the time so that's more money in my budget. I used to pay $30 every 2 weeks to get my hair done once upon a time ago. Or spend $130 for weaves every 5-6 weeks. That's a lot of money saved by doing my own hair. I might buy a wig for $20 every once in a while but that's it.

gymfreak336

I don't really budget for them. I do ask around here before I buy something and I look up info about the product online first. I also check makeupalley.com for more reviews. I also shop around for my favorites at places like dollar general, family dollar and other dollar stores.

Brownie518

:nono: Yep. It's a damn shame. Forget little, I have no regard for a budget when it comes to products! It's so bad!! I am soooo much better than I used to be, though. :look:

Angelicus

Hello Fellow PJs:

I think everyone knows that I am on the Dave Ramsey Budget System :yawn: That means I tell my money where to go even before I get my paycheck. I have $35 dollar cosmetic budget which consists of toiletries, hair products, hygiene stuff etc. I am very frugal and will save for months just to buy a hair appliance.