Product Junkies, Product Horders and Sensible Product Buyers..How do you keep Track?

Re: Product Junkies, Product Horders and Sensible Product Buyers..How do you keep Tra

I don't do anything, I have products all over the house. It's terrible, but I dare not try to organize it, then I might have to admit I have a problem!

Sorry to be of no help :0(

Re: Product Junkies, Product Horders and Sensible Product Buyers..How do you keep Tra

It seems like you found both your Staples and Solidified Your Regimen Rather Quickly...:yep:

But I like to buy things, I want to buy things, but i GUESS I don't need to buy things....:ohwell:

Here is a link to the spreadsheets I created. Please ignore the site they are on as far as content. I just started it ten minutes ago. There are 2 versions, one for MS Excel and one for Open Office (a free program available at http://www.openoffice.org). Feel free to make changes, I'm not entirely done with it. At least you see the fields I am using, and a few products are in there for examples. All you have to do is download then open them. HTH!

http://sites.google.com/site/pandora1975sbox/

Okay:

I Just Completed my Handwritten Inventory List.:rolleyes: Now, I will take time to enter all of my entries into some type of readable on-line format. (I may have my Secretary play around with it Monday) and set something up I can use.:sad: She's good at stuff like that.

In All Honesty, It was a Horrific Chore. I had to take Several Breaks and adopt several methods to get it done.:wallbash:

I finally concluded it was easier for me to list things by Brand/Product Name. i.e. Joico, Aubrey, Giovanni, Mizani, Redken etc...and go from there.

Thanks to all of you for giving me such great tips.:yep: I really appreciated it. Alot of you really had a working detailed "system" or "list" of keeping things altogether.

I really feel like I accomplished something monumental today.:grin:

Now, my plan is not to duplicate any purchases. And not shop until fall (or for a while). And really try the stuff (more than once) and see how it works.

Yay! Put that stuff in an Excel sheet!

Okay:

I Just Completed my Handwritten Inventory List.:rolleyes: Now, I will take time to enter all of my entries into some type of readable on-line format. (I may have my Secretary play around with it Monday) and set something up I can use.:sad: She's good at stuff like that.

In All Honesty, It was a Horrific Chore. I had to take Several Breaks and adopt several methods to get it done.:wallbash:

I finally concluded it was easier for me to list things by Brand/Product Name. i.e. Joico, Aubrey, Giovanni, Mizani, Redken etc...and go from there.

Thanks to all of you for giving me such great tips.:yep: I really appreciated it. Alot of you really had a working detailed "system" or "list" of keeping things altogether.

Now, my plan is not to duplicate any purchases. And not shop until fall (or for a while). And really try the stuff (more than once) and see how it works.

I am so proud of you!

:waytogo:

Okay:

Great job!

As you're trying stuff, keep a detailed journal of the outcomes. That way you won't have to rely on your memory. And, it'll be easier to see trends on what your hair likes/dislikes or the things that are similar to each other.

I know you feel better now.

After completely taking over the restroom cabinets, I decided to go out and purchase a large 3 tier drawer cart. My top drawer has styling product, butters, plastic caps, etc. Second drawer has pre-poos and oils. Larger third drawer has poos, conditioners, leave-ins, and protein treatments. Each drawer is organized with all brands side-by-side. Doing it this way, I can see a whole lot easier what I need to purchase as opposed to when everything was cluttered in bathroom.

Okay:

You have definitely inspired me to be on the ball with my inventory tomorrow. I have been in so much pain today (my back) that I have not had the energy nor the will power to get into it today. The mind and spirit was able but the body said "NAY". I took some pain killer tonight so I hope I will be up for the challenge tomorrow after church.

You have definitely inspired me to be on the ball with my inventory tomorrow. I have been in so much pain today (my back) that I have not had the energy nor the will power to get into it today. The mind and spirit was able but the body said "NAY". I took some pain killer tonight so I hope I will be up for the challenge tomorrow after church.

Don't Overdo it until You feel better. Girl, that stuff will "wait" until you feel up to it. And until Your Back is Well.

Because you know...."It is not for the Faint of Heart" to delve into all that stuff. And really eyeball it.

Chile' I got lightheaded a coupla' of times and had to sit down and regroup and "fan".:sad:

La Colocha helped to Coach me Through It until I got it done. She Hung with Me.:blush: Which was very sweet.

But now at least I know what I got....most importantly....I know I don't "Need" another thing right now.

I have a 3 ring binder I named my hair journey. In it I made sections in one section is a hair calendar (I am doing the Crown and Glory) so this help me figure what I will be doing and when. Next section is my supply list in which I made a spreadsheet and each sheet is for different items (moist poo, clarifying poo, moist co-wash, protein co wash,moist deep con, protein deep con, moist leav in, protein leave in, oils, heat prtectors, gels, and oils) for instance the oils will list each oil, how many, will I repurchase, and when is its intended use (pre poo, with henna treatments, alone etc)
The 3rd section is Product Instructions from the Manufacturer. My henna came with FAQ, so did my Sabino Moisture block so I put them in this section.
Next section is the challenges I am in and the rules for them
5th section are hair recipes
next section are informationals. Like articles from our very own Audrey Sivasothy ( dont remember her screen name) on self relaxing, how to apply the relaxer, building a regimen
7th section is for my hair inspirations
8th is for pics of my hair's progress
Last section is tutorials on hairstyles that I like along with detailed how tos.

I also have a composition notebook in the front pocket that I use as a written journal of what I did to my hair along with the way my hair felt and what I would do differently.

I know its a lot but its very organized and it helps me keep track of everything.

MY HAIR JOURNEY IS JUST THAT SERIOUS!

I have a 3 ring binder I named my hair journey. In it I made sections in one section is a hair calendar (I am doing the Crown and Glory) so this help me figure what I will be doing and when. Next section is my supply list in which I made a spreadsheet and each sheet is for different items (moist poo, clarifying poo, moist co-wash, protein co wash,moist deep con, protein deep con, moist leav in, protein leave in, oils, heat prtectors, gels, and oils) for instance the oils will list each oil, how many, will I repurchase, and when is its intended use (pre poo, with henna treatments, alone etc)
The 3rd section is Product Instructions from the Manufacturer. My henna came with FAQ, so did my Sabino Moisture block so I put them in this section.
Next section is the challenges I am in and the rules for them
5th section are hair recipes
next section are informationals. Like articles from our very own Audrey Sivasothy ( dont remember her screen name) on self relaxing, how to apply the relaxer, building a regimen
7th section is for my hair inspirations
8th is for pics of my hair's progress
Last section is tutorials on hairstyles that I like along with detailed how tos.

I also have a composition notebook in the front pocket that I use as a written journal of what I did to my hair along with the way my hair felt and what I would do differently.

I know its a lot but its very organized and it helps me keep track of everything.

MY HAIR JOURNEY IS JUST THAT SERIOUS!

I do the same thing! :grin: I have a binder labeled "My Hair Journey" and it includes my products and supplements inventory, copies of my hair sheros' regimens, a protein/moisture article, as well as articles on the benefits of various oils, cones, and proteins. I also keep a list of all the items I have ordered over the internet and any paperwork sent with those items. I have a separate planner in which I track what I do to my hair (braid outs, blow outs, and such) and if I have taken my vitamins. I also have a product/appliance wishlist in my journal. I am happy to know that I am not the only one who is doing this!

Thanks! When I first started making my binder I showed it to a couple of people and they smiled and it became a joke. They would say hey show her your binder and then everyone would laugh. I am closer to my hair goals and my hair is so much healthier and thicker. While those that laughed are still with torn up ends and balding on the sides.

Now I keep my book to myself.

I was very bored at work recently so I did a spreadsheet inventory of all of my products and divided them up into their various categories, Shampoos, Conditioners, Treatments, Moisturisers, Leave in etc and applied weighting in terms of effectiveness and usage and how my hair felt after using them; as well as the outcomes in using a combination of different products. I've highlighted the products in red that I'm yet to use. Like I say I was bored! :look::lol:

All I need to do now is buy a shelving unit, as right now my hair stuff is just invading my whole space!

I keep track of my stash, which happens to be very small, by keeping them all in one place and I don't buy new products until the ones that I am using are finished.

I have plenty of products and I keep them all on an Excel spreadsheet. My sheet is orgaized by product line, then product types. I use it to schedule my weekly shampoos in advance.

I keep track of my stash, which happens to be very small, by keeping them all in one place and I don't buy new products until the ones that I am using are finished.

Touche' To All The Ladies in the Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge.:look:

Ahhh....The Voice of Reason:look:

This ish is a trip! ....

Folks breaking out the Excel Spreadsheets, analysis, ratios, inventory...
It's like the Finance of Hair Care class.. :lol:

I dont consider myself a product junkie.Or perhaps I am just in denial.lol:look:

This ish is a trip! ....

Folks breaking out the Excel Spreadsheets, analysis, ratios, inventory...
It's like the Finance of Hair Care class.. :lol:

:lachen:IK. I Need to See Pruuff -- they Doing it All Like That.:sekret:

Back