Product Review *DABUR VATIKA SHAMPOO*

Cleve_gryl

The actual name of the product is Dabur Vatika Henna Cream Conditioning Shampoo. I picked up this bottle at the Indian grocery while on my search for Shikakai bars. The bottle is green just like the oil. Said to be Enriched with Henna, Shikakai & Green Almonds. Has a light scent, not over powering...almost like my shikakai bar.

So, I DC'd for about 25 minutes with MMP on dry hair under heat. Hopped in the shower and pooed my scalp with the Vatika poo. My hair was not stripped or dry, but it wasn't slippy either. I then did a quick rinse with Porosity Control and detangled under the shower stream. I have to say that I shed less than half the amount I normally do on wash day. I applied my leave in and rollerset.

I like the results of today's wash, and will continue to alternate this poo with my shikakai bar. A steal at $2.99 :up: If anyone wants to help decipher the ingredients, please do :confused:

Ingredients:
Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Derived from Palm Oil), Cocomidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Polyquaternium-7, Herbal Extracts (Extracts of Acacia concinna, Lawsonia inermis and prunus amygdalus) Tremethylsilylamodimethicone, Laureth-7 and Laureth-5, Fragrance, Glycol Stearate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Choloride, EDTA, Methylchlorisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride.

MsAngie

Thanks for the review; I was looking at this in the Indian store today. I'll pick some up next time. :yep:

phyl73

I bought some a while back and have used it twice. I used it last night for my monthly shampoo. I like it. It doesn't strip my hair and yet, it feels so clean. My scalp that is.

gymfreak336

Cocomidopropyl Betaine is a mild surfacant. It doesn't irritate mucous membranes and is also used to thicken a product.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Ever since the big ayurveda kick on the board, I've been wondering about this shampoo. Thanks for the review!

Coffee

I use this shampoo also and I just love it. I have at least 4 bottles to make sure I don't run out or if it's ever discontinued :lick:.

misskris816

I purchased this today at my local indian grocery store and can't wait to use it. One thing I love about these products is that they are so darn cheap!

God's Anointed

See...reviews like this is why so many of the members, like me, can't recover from PJism. I've been eyeballing this for a while and now I might just go out there and get some.