PRODUCT REVIEW: Miss Jessie’s Super Sweet Back Treatment $9

AudraChanell

Miss Jessie’s Super Sweet Back Treatment $9

PRODUCT: OBNOXIOUS Bubble Gum Smell…yech!! Pink, thick, creamy

CONTROL: Used after shampooing with BoBeam’s Cocoa Olive Oil Shampoo Bar

TIME SPENT: 30 minutes under dryer with a gold foil cap

SUBJECT: 3c, Normal Porosity, Medium Density, Transitioning Hair, 4.5” of natural hair, remaining texturized hair hangs 2” below shoulder

GRADE: C; smells horrid, too costly, but does provide moisture and slip

PROCESS:
1. Used ½ of the recommended golf-ball size because that would be the entire container
2. Applied to clean, wet hair, used half to saturate ends then other half over length, lightly finger combed
3. Put on gold foil heat cap and went under dryer for 30 minutes
4. Rinsed for 20 seconds, then detangled under running shower stream as I rinsed all of the product from my hair; tee shirt dried; blow-dried

REVIEW:
So many CONS… where do I start? :spinning::spinning::spinning:
I placed a sizable ordered with Curl Mart and Miss Jessie’s Super Sweet Back Treatment was among the bunch. It was also the first I pulled from the packing peanuts and I was shocked and upset. I looked as if someone stole my lunch money! :sad: By Jesus... it was the size of a golf ball and the purchase price was $9!! The pricing is ridiculous and for that reason alone I will not re-purchase unless it is severely reduced.

Second, this conditioner has the most obnoxious bubble gum scent ever! I’m telling you it smells like some sort of mutated, evil elixir from The Wonka Factory. I spent days thinking of how I could mask the scent, but felt I should use it full-strength the first go ‘round. I applied it to my wet hair after shampooing, applying half of the amount to the ends and the remaining product to the length and scalp. I then finger combed my hair, put on a gold foil cap, and went under the standing hair dryer for 30 minutes. *The directions only call for 30 minutes, but I decided to also use heat.

After the 30 minutes I rinsed the conditioner and felt some slip. This was notable because the BoBeam Coco Olive Oil Shampoo Bar I used left my hair rather stripped feeling or clarified before the conditioner. It also felt moisturized and detangled easily, but no more than my usual deep conditioner. I then continued to detangle under the running shower stream while rinsing the rest of the product.

PRO: I blow dried my hair without adding any additional oils or creams and my six flat twists looked great, but I did, however, add a bit of grape seed oil and a pinch of Salerm 21 for good measure.

All in all, if this product were half the price and had a much lighter and better choice of fragrance I would re-purchase. If the product remains the same, however, I'll have to catch it on the clearance rack or throw up the deuces!!

Tibbar

AudraChanell,
Good review, very thorough. Thanks for posting.

I have several samples from this product line but have not used them yet. Honestly I'm afraid I might like them and I know they are costly and have some not so great ingredients...

I can't pass up samples though!! :perplexed

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
great review!!!!

i am not a fan of most of Miss "highway robbery" Jessie's...however I do like the Pillow Soft Curls.

Pompous Blue

Not a fan of Sweetback at all. Does nothing for my 4CZ hair but coat it and make it feel dry afterwards. I've used it with steam and without steam, plus slept in it overnight and it does not moisturize my hair or benefit it in any way.

I bought the 16oz size during the B1G1 annual sale. What a waste of my money. To get through the 4 jars, I ended up having to add all sorts of oils to it to make it work for me.

To me it's an over-priced jar of chemicals.

Rozlewis

I purchased this durng the B1G1 too but have not tried it yet. I also purchased the Baby Buttercreme even though the ingredients were desirable and I really like it. I did my first twistout earlier this week and the Baby Buttercreme left my hair moisturized and soft. Has anyone else tried this?