Product Review: O.G. Jet Set EZ Grip Rollers

that_1_grrrl

Okay, I've been wanting to try roller-setting for a minute now. So, today, I finally went out and bought some rollers. I decided to try Olivia Garden Jet Set EZ Grip Curlers. The come in a box that looks like this:

:ohwell: It's a mixed review. The results were not what I expected, but my inexperience played a part in my so-so results.

Cons:
-Not for the inexperienced. When I was rolling, I had to undo and redo. Not so good on self-gripping rollers. If the hair is not put on the rollers neatly, the teeth rip at the hair as you attempt to take them out. Some rollers were a snap to remove. Others were :wallbash:

-The set comes with 48, 12 rollers for each of the 4 sizes. You can purchase them separately, but they are more expensive.

-Definitely not for sleeping.

-Rollers are very clinging when hair is wet.

Pros:
-Hair dries really fast. I kept these rollers in for maybe an hour with no heat. I don't think heat is necessary for these rollers but would probably work wonderfully if heat is used.

-No need for pins or clips. The rollers stay in place.

-The rollers create curls fast and holds them well. I tried out one of the rollers before doing the roller set. I kept it in for maybe 2 minutes, and I had a perfectly sculpted curl.

My Results: The hair on the smaller rollers gave me very sculpted curls. The hair on the larger rollers came out very straight with a lot of body. The roots were still textured. When I combed it out, PUFF!

So, I think it went pretty decent for the first time. I put my hair in large twists to calm the puffiness, and it did the trick. My hair feels soft, smooth, and is very shiny.

I will definitely try these rollers again. I believe with a little more practice, I could have a banging roller set. I think the rollers would be good for people with relaxed hair or long natural hair.

Attachments

• SBS-772750.jpeg
    SBS-772750.jpeg
    19 KB · Views: 27

infojunkie

I have this set and used it when I was relaxed as it took forever for my thick hair to dry. Twenty minutes under the dryer got me bone dry :blush:. I was both shocked and amazed. From there I would flat iron and get a gorgeous, bouncy wrap.

But be warned, if you roll you hair out to the very edges of the rollers it will tangle and break. Once I got past that I was good to go.

I haven't tried these since I've been natural but thanks for putting them back on my radar.

that_1_grrrl

Yeah, I learned that the hard way. Lol. The rollers that had hair in the middle were a snap to remove. The ones that had hair as wide as the roller, yikes. Thanks for illuminating the problem for me.

I have this set and used it when I was relaxed as it took forever for my thick hair to dry. Twenty minutes under the dryer got me bone dry :blush:. I was both shocked and amazed. From there I would flat iron and get a gorgeous, bouncy wrap.

But be warned, if you roll you hair out to the very edges of the rollers it will tangle and break. Once I got past that I was good to go.

I haven't tried these since I've been natural but thanks for putting them back on my radar.

tatiana

I used to use these when I was relaxed and was transitioning; I love them however you must be careful when taking them out.

There is another version of Jet Set rollers for sleeping in. They look like jet Set but are in different (pastel) colors. They are made by the same people. The big con with those is you can sleep in them but you can not use them with heat. They will melt or lose shape.

These rollers pulled my hair out. More than likely it was my technique but I'm too scared to try again. These rollers are like $20 from Sally's I believe.

LushLox

I think I would be very worried about the rollers making my hair tangle, maybe not so much now as I'm only a couple of weeks post relaxer, but I would be too scared to use them a few months post!

Let us know how you get on though. :)

that_1_grrrl

I think they might be too stress for stretched or transitioning hair. As for my natural hair, it prevented it from tangling as the teeth keep my hair separated.

I think I would be very worried about the rollers making my hair tangle, maybe not so much now as I'm only a couple of weeks post relaxer, but I would be too scared to use them a few months post!

Let us know how you get on though. :)

sheba1

I would like to try these when I roller set my hair again. I'm very interested in the teeth. I think they're similar to the teeth that's on the rollers at the Ethiopian salons. Great for getting natural hair straight and I'm interested in the faster drying time.

girlonfire

I wan't to try out the larger sizes (2 in +) I'm interested in the teeth as well however now that I've read the thread i feel hesitant.