Professional Hair Dryers

Luli

I'm looking to upgrade and by a professional hair dryer to use for my rollersets. Has anyone invested in one that gets really hot
? I think Babyliss makes one that can roll around. I heard that Venus is a good one too - I saw it at Sallys. Any suggestions?

Sindeee

That Venus hair dryer is the best! I know it's on sale on Sallys for $149.00.

You will not be disapointed. I have not used mine in a while because I'm in corn-rows right now BUT I love it for my deep conditioners. Back in my perm-days that dryer gave me the bounciest rollersets, just like the one's I'd see in what I call the doobie salon(s)

Sindeee

Luli

Thanks Sidneee - I'm excited to see another Panamena
on this board. Mira - este dryer 'ta bien caliente o que? I need one that gets super hot! You know, the kind that gets your forehead red. Okay so you know I have a question/comment for you re: Doobie salons.

azul11

i always wanted to get a dryer for roller sets and deep conditioning treatments. i wanted one like the one they have in the salons but i dont want to pay 100 for a dryer. dag this sucks.
God bless you all.

Luli

Hey Azul,

I know it's a bit much, but I need to dry fast. I willing to pay the money - it'll help in the long run so I don't have to keep shellin' out $35 every 2 weeks.

Honi

There is no board.
I have a Pibbs model 514 (I think). I paid good money for that one...hurt a sistah to the core but I love it and it's worth it. My hair dries faster than the Gold-n-Hot dryer I had for a long time. You can also get that one at Sally's but it's special order. The shipping is supposed to be free though.

Paris Belle

They are well worth the money Azul....I would highly recommend saving up and purchasing one. I went through two non-prof dryers before purchasing mine in 1996 and it still works very very well!!!!

azul11

i saw the pibbs hair dryer and wanted to purchase it after i saw a review by amillon. when i saw the price which was like 160 or so cant really remember it could have been less. i was like whhhhhhhaaaaaaaateeeeeeeeeverrrr. i was trying to find a regular one but all i saw was gold n hot and i heard some people say that one wasnt that great. a lot people here like soft bonnets and i had one which died and the ones people are using they get off of ebay and i dont want to take the chance. so i am like what am i to do???? i dont even know if they sell those dryers to regular customers. i mean how can i live in a big city like new york and yet and still i dont know where to go for ANYTHING. this is beyond sad.
God bless you all.