Progress PICS:)

Akosua

Hi Ladies,
I want to thank everyone for sharing ideas and good advice. I never thought my very dry,breaking relaxed hair will grow to this lenght in 3,5years .

By the way, am not mixed with anything,lol. Both my parents and grandparents are ghanaians.

Here is my reggie:

-I relax every 3months with Organic olive oil lye
-Protein after rinsing the relaxer and before neutralizing : Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor. Aphogee provitamin once a week after DC.
-DC on dry hair with Lustrasilk aloe vera + coconut oil once a week
-Airdry my hair in 3braids and wear braidouts
-Moisturize daily with Hawaiian silky miracle worker
-Dust my hair after every relaxer, every 3months
-Use bigen oriental black to colour my hair evey 6months
-I use heat to straighten my hair not more than 4times a year

Thats about it,very simple regimen:)

Last 2 pictures were taken yesterday, 6th march 2011. My hair is airdried in the last 2 pictures.

2007-2009.jpg

hair2.jpg

hair4.jpg

Last edited:
Love the thickness! Can't wait to see your reggie!

Sent from my Comet using Long Hair Care Forum App

Thanks alot ladies, I havent contibuted much on the board until now. Is good to share the good news to encourage each other. Please,let me know if you have any questions and will try to answer asap.
GOD bless you all!

I wish I could've had hair that thick when I relaxed...just gawjus! (No, not thinking about relaxing, just remembering how anorexic my hair was when I did...lol)

I wish I could've had hair that thick when I relaxed...just gawjus! (No, not thinking about relaxing, just remembering how anorexic my hair was when I did...lol)

Hi lady:)
I would contribute the thickness to streching relaxers,regular dustings and staying away from heat as much as possible.

I almost never comment on people's progress pics. I came out to say *whoop whoop* for the Ghanaians. Great progress Akosua : )

Thanks alot ladies, I feel very special. I am glad I found this site and learned to take control of my hair. Thanks for the love.
God bless you all!

IMO, your hair looked very healthy at your starting point in 2007. Great progress. We have very similar reggies.....hope to see the same progress some day:yep:

Love the thickness, chicka!
Ur hair is gorgeous :)

Sent from my DROID PRO using Long Hair Care Forum App

Back