Protecting your spirit

gn1g

Have you ever watched something on tv or listen to something and then later on it bother you?

I am an avid Oprah watcher. I shouldn't have watched her show yesterday in which she was interviewing all of these married couples that eventually divorced because they were gay. Yuck, yuck (like Marilyn Hickey). That show left me feeling hopeless. I know the bible says that women will become lovers of themselves yada yada yada, but I am concerned about the next generation! I have a daughter and Lord I am praying everyday that God would save a good christian (now I must insert heterosexual) man for her and that he would keep her as well.

brownsugarflyygirl

I feel you 110%...as a single BLACK woman I have to be careful what I watch and what I listen to...both to avoid sexual temptation and to keep hope alive so to speak. :look:

I went to NY one weekend to visit friends and at dinner they were all talking about how there aint no good black men and why are all these beautiful professional black women single.:confused:

I am usually soooo optimistic about my future husband and trusting and having faith that God would bring me someone who meets the desires of my heart. I came home second-guessing myself.:(

From that I learned I have to protect my spirit, so movies, television shows, music, conversations, etc. that arent in line with my lifestyle have got to go. I dont play that anymore....facebook is enough with all my friends getting married and being booed up :ohwell:

But be encouraged....the effectual fervent prayers of the righteous availeth much....so your prayers will be heard and God will bring a man fit for your daughter just like He will bring one for me. :grin:

Statistics and other peoples experiences dont determine my future...the Word of God does :)

shalom

AMEN, that's right Brownsugarflyygirl.

My mother and one of my closet friends hound me night and day about not having a man and being married. It's bad ladies they critize every little thing I do.......fix your hair like this or don't wear your hair in the natural it's not attractive on you, dress like this or that. But not to stray to far from the topic I'm trying to guard myself better. I slipped Saturday, I watched this movie with my mom "Something like New," this may not be the correct title the leading female character is Sanaa Lathan she hooked up with this white guy. Good movie, very romantic, but God knows my eyes had no business watching it I never even had the urge to go and see it when it came out in theatre. This movie like to ripped me in two, but I thank God for Jesus he didn't let me suffer long.......I went home and went to bed had the best sleep ever.

I know in my spirit that GOD has a husband for me, but dating is just scary and people are very deceptive.

ITA - Statistics and other peoples experiences dont determine my future...the Word of God does. gn1g, and it won't determine your daughters the word of God will. AMEN

shalom

AMEN, that's right Brownsugarflyygirl.

My mother and one of my closet friends hound me night and day about not having a man and being married. It's bad ladies they critize every little thing I do.......fix your hair like this or don't wear your hair in the natural it's not attractive on you, dress like this or that. But not to stray to far from the topic I'm trying to guard myself better. I slipped Saturday, I watched this movie with my mom "Something like New," this may not be the correct title the leading female character is Sanaa Lathan she hooked up with this white guy. Good movie, very romantic, but God knows my eyes had no business watching it I never even had the urge to go and see it when it came out in theatre. This movie like to ripped me in two, but I thank God for Jesus he didn't let me suffer long.......I went home and went to bed had the best sleep ever.

I know in my spirit that GOD has a husband for me, but dating is just scary and people are very deceptive.

ITA - Statistics and other peoples experiences dont determine my future...the Word of God does. gn1g, and it won't determine your daughters the word of God will. AMEN

PaperClip

My goodness.... that's all I can say right now. Apparently I haven't guarded my spirit well.... I watched Something New and I have the DVD.... I liked the movie. I didn't feel discouraged by it.... I could be Sanaa Lathan's character....

What disturbed me this morning was watching a segment on Good Morning America that Oprah's friend Gayle King hosted where she spoke with "older" women. The question was something to the effect of what they had regretted or missed out on in their lives. This one (black) lady said she was concerned about having children at her age. She was in her 40s. I cannot lie. That startled me A LOT.... The watching the trailer of the film "Soulmate" (I started a thread on it).... One lady that was interviewed said that she was 45 years old and STILL a virgin.... :eek: because she had not met the right man and gotten married.... And I thought I was doing something (I started a thread on this topic too!)

I'm a little bit discombobulated right now.... I'm tired of the cliches. I need a real encounter with the Lord that surpasses all these earthly realms. I don't know what to hold on to now....

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
RelaxerRehab said:
My goodness.... that's all I can say right now. Apparently I haven't guarded my spirit well.... I watched Something New and I have the DVD.... I liked the movie. I didn't feel discouraged by it.... I could be Sanaa Lathan's character....

What disturbed me this morning was watching a segment on Good Morning America that Oprah's friend Gayle King hosted where she spoke with "older" women. The question was something to the effect of what they had regretted or missed out on in their lives. This one (black) lady said she was concerned about having children at her age. She was in her 40s. I cannot lie. That startled me A LOT.... The watching the trailer of the film "Soulmate" (I started a thread on it).... One lady that was interviewed said that she was 45 years old and STILL a virgin.... :eek: because she had not met the right man and gotten married.... And I thought I was doing something (I started a thread on this topic too!)

I'm a little bit discombobulated right now.... I'm tired of the cliches. I need a real encounter with the Lord that surpasses all these earthly realms. I don't know what to hold on to now...

Hey there, Pretty Lady... Get off of that wagon! You did nothing wrong. None of you have. Just get off of this wagon and be exactly who you are and prepare yourselves for your dreams which are coming to pass.

As for the movies and any and everything else in this world. Yes, we are to guard our hearts and our minds...but nevertheless, we can't always plan what we will hear and not hear or see. That's life.

But God's answer to it all is this:

"NO weapon formed against you shall prosper and EVERY tongue that rises against you in judgement shall be condemned (proven wrong). " (Isaiah 54:17).

Ummm, do I have to pull out another one? :lol:

"You have been hid' from the scourge of the tongue." (Job 5) Yeah, that came from Job.

Angels, whatever Gail Brown said, is not what God said to any of you personally.

The statistics and the ways of this world are what they are... statistcs of the world. But did not Hannah, in spite of her condition to not conceive, still yet go unto the Father and asked for a son and did God the Father not surpass the odds, and gave her what she asked? And she named her son, 'Samuel', for I asked the Lord of him.

To have a son, you must have a husband, in God's plan. Do you not think that God won't give you this desire as well? Of course He will!

Psalm 91: "Though a 1000 may fall by my side and 10,000 even by my right hand, it shall not come nigh me."

Angels, no matter what 'negative' has occurred in someone's else's life, doesn't have to occur in yours...Ummmm, God's word said this, not me.

Love me still? :lol: Angels, I'm simply saying, yes, do guard your hearts and your minds, but don't hide from God's miracles to bless you in spite of what you see, what you hear, and what hasn't happen for someone else.

You are exempt from all of it...for this day, the Lord has given each of you, His divine favor of yes, to your requests.

Amen? Love me still? :lol:

Come on, let it go and let God show...what he wants to give you. Your dreams come true, just for His precious little girls....each one of you. ;)

Last edited: