Protein shakes for hair growth

Candy_C

My dance tutor has hair down to the floor!

she told me she drank protein shakes after giving birth, to build her back up again, and that its been making her hair grow like mad - which shes not impressed about because shes so used to it, but hates cutting.

anyone use these shakes and notice eccelerated hair growth?

Candy

xx

Candy_C

ps. when i was drinking a protein shake (nurishment) and taking my vits, my hair grew much quicker

Country gal

I can't pinpoint if it was the protein shakes or it was my healthier lifestyle, but my natural hair has grown quite nicely. I had a protein shake today and plan on getting back on the band wagon.

ayoung

i've started drinking one after i workout. I haven't noticed any growth yet--only been about 4 weeks--but man!--those things are soooo nasty!

but I really want to build my core muscles back up--so i'll continue them. if i get faster growth too---yay!

honeybadgirl

i just started drinking them about 2 wks ago for nutritional reasons. but which is better for hair growth, soy or whey or does it matter?

Candy_C

hmm interesting.

i'm gonna be trying to gain weight/muscle as soon as my wages come thru so i can join tha gym, i've heard mostly its whey protein thats best...

my tutor has whey, she has allergies to soy and milk...she mixes her power with water..bet thats not nice, i would have mine with milk

SpiritJunkie

Protein shakes made my ass get really big.:eek: If I do it again...I would have to step my excercise game up for sure.

yes my hair got a little thicker though..

imstush

Back in 05 I was drinking Protein shakes like crazy because I was working out like mad. Didn't know or realize it did anything for my hair, but now that I think back it was thick and grew with no problem. I am off to buy some after work today.

Candy_C

Sweetg said:
Protein shakes made my ass get really big.:eek: If I do it again...I would have to step my excercise game up for sure.

oh i wouldnt mind a little more junk in my trunk!

PROTEIN ISOLATE...
includes lots of L-Cysteine which is the amino acid of hair skin n nails..

http://www.nowfoods.com/index.php?action=itemdetail&item_id=2795

PRO-GAINER
(the iodine content in here looks very promising)
http://www.nowfoods.com/index.php?action=itemdetail&item_id=14969

Crissi

I want to take a protein shake but wouldn't all the vitamins (especailly the ammount i'l be taking) and protein shake put stress on your organs such as the liver and what not?

Crissi

Candy_C said:
oh i wouldnt mind a little more junk in my trunk!

PROTEIN ISOLATE...
includes lots of L-Cysteine which is the amino acid of hair skin n nails..

http://www.nowfoods.com/index.php?action=itemdetail&item_id=2795

PRO-GAINER
(the iodine content in here looks very promising)
http://www.nowfoods.com/index.php?action=itemdetail&item_id=14969

If you ladies just want a protein shake that will increase hair growth (and not add excessive mass) i wouldn't reccomend pro gainer (its a weight gainer) and they contain loads of calories

alwayzalady22

Sweetg said:

that's what i'm tryna be on! :lachen: i've been drinking shakes every morning for about a month and a half now, and my hair has gotten a lot thicker...i've been going to the gym regularly and hittin them lunges, and my thighs have gotten really big, but my ass still doesn't quite match :ohwell: but i think when i reach APL and re-evaluate my regimen, the protein shakes stay...

ps, i also eat a very high-protein diet now, so i'd try to get more 'natural' protein into your system as well to complement the shakes

KeraKrazy

Thickness before length
Does anyone know of a protein shake that tastes really good? I find it easier to stay on these things if I don't have to force myself to drink them (i.e. carrot juice...yuck).

hothair

Sweetg said:

This may be why my butt all of a sudden got even more prominent. i think i'll keep away from this. I'm small framed but my behind :perplexed

Cleve_gryl

I have like 3-4 containers of protein powder here, and am contemplating making shakes in the blender each morning for breakfast. I guess the key is to get back on the workout grind so the shakes don't go straight to the gut. So its not recommended to drink a shake just because...it has to be either a meal replacement or a snack during the day, add it into your caloric intake for the day. IMO

I recently bought Ultra Hair Shake that is vanilla flavoured. It tasts really good. I drink 4 ounces in the moring and 4 at night. The amount of vits are much more than the pills. I will keep you all posted on the progress.

Mom23

SerenityBreeze said:
I recently bought Ultra Hair Shake that is vanilla flavoured. It tasts really good. I drink 4 ounces in the moring and 4 at night. The amount of vits are much more than the pills. I will keep you all posted on the progress.

Please do. I am considering this after I finish the vitamins I have. :)

missvi

God is Good!!
KeraKrazy said:
Does anyone know of a protein shake that tastes really good? I find it easier to stay on these things if I don't have to force myself to drink them (i.e. carrot juice...yuck).

true, Bump

Prosperity711

I use to drink a french vanilla protein shake that was good to me, I would put it in the blender with some ice and maybe a little pineapples or bannas blend it up and make it frosty it wasn't bad, they have other flavors too. I got it from this store called Better Nutrition. I don't know how to copy the picture but the link is below

http://betternutrition.com/images/designer-whey.jpg

gymfreak336

KeraKrazy said:

optimun whey in chocolate or vanilla with ice cold milk and a tiny drop of vanilla extract and a couple of ice cubes is yummy!!!

honeybadgirl

when i was in gnc they had all kinds of flavors, cookies and cream, banana, strawberry...quite a few. the ones with the alluring flavors had higher amounts of sugars though. i was tempted but just settled for the chocolate:) . the shakes taste waaaaaaay better using milk, i use soy, than plain water. you can also sprinkle some in your food too. a tbsp is 2.5gram...just fyi. you can mix it in your yogurt, oatmeal, etc.

ayoung

Bigger booty u say?!!:look:

See--this might be a keeper. I've been using Designer Whey from GNC. I just mix it with cold water and chug it with a straw. To me--none taste that good--but this one is the best.

I'm tryna get my core tight, booty lifted (and bigger if it wants to happen) and better hair growth and thickness. I'm doing the gym thing and I just started doing this video for my behind. The best booty video I have every done!!!:yep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU5oOIk9CfQ

On another hair site a member did it for 30 days and took before and after pics and OMG! There was such a difference!!! She did this video 3 times in a row. (it's five minutes)

U will be hollerin b/f it's over cuz it hurts soooo good!! I just keep picturin' myself in the shorts i wanna wear this summer!:armyhat:

Isis

SSBD said:
so protein shakes makes u gain weigt? I thought protein helped to lose weight
Protein does help one lose weight. Some of the shakes out there have many added ingredients for those who want to bulk up.

I prefer using a whey protein powder (Designer Whey) and make my own ultra-thick shakes and other treats. These help keep my weight normal and my body nice and lean. Great for my hair growth too, of course.

MizAvalon

Hair down to the floor?:eek: Candy C, please ask for permission to take her picture next time you go to class. I wanna see!:lol:

Kalani

ayoung1981 said:
I'm tryna get my core tight, booty lifted (and bigger if it wants to happen) and better hair growth and thickness. I'm doing the gym thing and I just started doing this video for my behind. The best booty video I have every done!!!:yep:

On another hair site a member did it for 30 days and took before and after pics and OMG! There was such a difference!!! She did this video 3 times in a row. (it's five minutes)

U will be hollerin b/f it's over cuz it hurts soooo good!! I just keep picturin' myself in the shorts i wanna wear this summer!:armyhat:

Thanks for posting this video! I just did the workout and can feel the burn. This is just what I need to get my butt in shape for summer! :grin:

WhipEffectz1

Well, I am on a protein challenge and I am getting an inch a month but nothing more that that. I drink protein shakes everyday and have cut out all meat except for fish. I also eat a lot of beans and tuna(I eat a can a day!:eek:) So I can defintely say that it is working but I am working hard not to forget to workout(don't want to gain no weight!). Currently, my protein intake is 75 gs and up. I am really happy about my progress but sometimes its a burden to remember to do all if these things.After the challenge is over, I will probably go back to taking and eating protein a couple times a week instead of everyday! Here' s the thread with the challenge:

High Protein Challenge Inquiry thread
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=114400&highlight=protein+challenge

High Protein Challenge Check-in
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=114880&highlight=protein+challenge

Candy_C

i will definately join a challenege if theres on already going..!!

i will ask her if i can get a pic of her hair, she may think i'm a little odd though lol

if i was taking a protein shake that has all the vits in, i would abondon my multi pill! i love finding other ways to recieve vitamins, and one less pill sounds good to me...so i would be down to 2 pils and then can add my flaxseed oil to the shakes! kill 2 birds with one stone...

A drink that tastes BEAUTIFUL(protein) is NURISHMENT oh my gosh it tastes so good, VERY FILLING though, and its already mixed up for you...the sugar content is bad though so i'm not sure about it...

if you want it to taste good, add a flavouring, or a bit of condensed milk.

:)

Amour

ayoung1981 said:
Bigger booty u say?!!:look:

See--this might be a keeper. I've been using Designer Whey from GNC. I just mix it with cold water and chug it with a straw. To me--none taste that good--but this one is the best.

thanks for that butt workout link! I will be doing this frequently, need to get the behind into shape for the summer :D !!!

Ladies, what protein shake could you recommend for someone who wants to also put on a lil weight,(not so much muscle but fat) and also obviously help increase hair growth rate aswell :D

RZILYNT

Candy_C said:
hmm interesting.

i'm gonna be trying to gain weight/muscle as soon as my wages come thru so i can join tha gym, i've heard mostly its whey protein thats best...

my tutor has whey, she has allergies to soy and milk...she mixes her power with water..bet thats not nice, i would have mine with milk

Almond milk is really good to add to the Whey Protein. Designer Whey is the best that I have tasted
I can't view the Utube clip. Can I purchase the excercise dvd? Who made it?