Protein Treatment Question

napbella

Ladies/Experts,

I have had my hair in braids going on a month now, I was wondering if it is a good idea to do a protein treatment (something I have never done) on my hair, I plan to take the braids down this week. I want to start doing some things I don't usually do to increase the health and length of my hair. I consistently moisturize and handle it gently, but I don't do much more than that. I am a natural 4a/thick/coarse shoulder length. Suggestions other than protein are welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Napbella

caribeandiva

Human being
do the protein treatment as soon as the braids come out. here are the steps i usually take:

1. wash
2. protein conditioner under dryer for 15 minutes
3. moisturizing conditioner under dryer for 15-20 minutes
4. use leave ins

p.s. i usually use Nexxus Keraphix as protein

KiniKakes

I just had braids recently...... after i took them out, i got my relaxer.... and then a week later i did my Aphogee treatment. I always do an Aphogee treatment one week after a touch-up. I know some ladies do it before, but i prefer to wait until afterward.

Good luck!

napbella

Ok, I took the braids down last nite, lots of hair shedding, made me nervous. The braids were not tight at all and I made sure to moisturize while wearing them since synthetic hair tends to be drying, but there was still a lot of hair. BUT, my hair does not look thin in any areas and I'm happy about that. I am going to do the aphogee treatment tonite, followed by the balancing moisturizer. I must change my regimen, my hair is healthy, but I shud have much more length than I do. I've been natural for almost 3 three years but I've only concentrated on growth the last 18 mos or so. My hair tends to grow fast but for some reason I'm not retaining the length. I need some input! :ohwell:

napbella

Ok, I am considering giving up my beloved suave prods and stepping up to Keracare prods or design essentials. I've noticed alot of the "Rapunzels" on this site have one or two of these prods in their regimens. I'm in desperate need of advice and input. Looking at other folks albums is inspiring but I need to see some inspiration on my own head! :perplexed