Proteins: Stongest-Lightest

Lovelylocs

Another question: I have found that Nexxus emergencee is not as strong as aphogee. In fact Henna is slightly stronger than Nexxus emergencee. Can we make a list of protein treatments from strongest to lightest?

czyfaith77

Lovelylocs said:
Another question: I have found that Nexxus emergencee is not as strong as aphogee. In fact Henna is slightly stronger than Nexxus emergencee. Can we make a list of protein treatments from strongest to lightest?

I have to say I haven't found anything stronger than Aphogee and though it stinks my hair adores it! I have used Emergencee but I simply like Aphogee better. Plus, it's cheaper!:p

Last edited:

Brownie

I know Joico K-pac is light. I also have learned that using an egg is about the same as using Emergencee; the results were the same for me when I used heavy protein (not anymore!).

metalkitty

Depends on the type of protein mostly and the concentration. Supergirl, I'm pretty sure posted a while back a great thread about different types of proteins and how they work. I know that Hydrolyzed Keratin is the strongest and Hydrolyzed Collagen's up there too. Let me see if I can find that thread...

ETA: Here's a link thats pretty close but not the one that explains individual proteins http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=20494&page=1&highlight=clear.

Last edited: