Pure Jasmine Oil as a Hot Oil Treatment

daviine

I doubt that anyone has eer used jasmine as a hot oil treament alone. I'm not sure if I understood you correctly but 1/8 ounce of absolute jasmine costs $21.75 at www.mountainroseherbs.com. This would make it very costly to use undiluted.

Secondly, essential oils are not to be used without a carrier oil (except tea tree and lavender) becasue they are potent and can burn you. I don't think its worth the risk of accidentally applying it to your scalp.

If you put it in a carrier oil suited fo your hair, it would smell heavenly but I'm not really sre about its effects on hair. There are however, other essential oils, that are known to be beneficial to hair such as rosemary.

At any rate, I hope I understood your question and I hope I was able to be of some help.

Happy New Year!

adrienne0914

julia, i don't see where jasmine oil does anything to specifically enhance growth, but i only did a little research. here is what i found out about it. also, at $120 an ounce, it's a little rich for my blood... /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

adrienne

---------------------------------------

Origin: Algeria, China, Egypt, France, India, Italy, Morocco

Appearance: A yellowish-brown liquid with a warm intensely floral aroma.

Aromatic Actions: aphrodisiac, anxiety, balancing, euphoric, hypnotic, nervous tension, relaxing, soothing, warming

Blends With: bergamot, cardamom, chamomile, clary sage, galbanum, geranium, lemongrass, neroli, orange, rose, sandalwood, spearmint, vetiver, other citrus oils, excellent oil to blend with just about any oil that you want to smooth off the rough high and low notes.

Special Note about Jasmine: Jasmine is considered to be the finest of all essential oils. In Egypt, the flowers are gathered after dark because of their increased aroma. The flowers are then soaked in oil for days, then extracted leaving behind the deep, full aroma of Jasmine. Jasmine is used widely in perfumes and fragrances. It is said to have wonderful positive effects on menstrual pains and cramps.

Jasmine oil can be used in a massage oil for very romantic and erotic effects. Men are particularly attracted to women wearing the scent of Jasmine. Jasmine has been known to have very positive emotional effects, helping to relieve anxiety and depression. Jasmine can be used directly on the neck or wrists as a perfume. Added to a massage oil, Jasmine has powerful relaxing, calming, and romantic effects.

Home Uses: antidepressant, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antispasmodic, carminative, catarrh, coughs, cramping, dry skin, dysmenorrhea, emollient, lethargy, menopause, mild analgesic, normal skin, oily skin, PMS symptoms, sedative, skin conditioner

Julia

daviine, adrienne0914,

Thanks for your responses. I too did some research and I found basically the same info. that you did. But what I purchased was not an essential oil. I purchased it at an East Indian grocery store (where I but 100% pure coconut oil). It was on the shelf with the rest of thier east indian hair care products. It was a 8.5 fl oz bottle and it cost me $3.49. Since my post-purchase research I am now a little hesistant to use it because I realize what I purchased a bit too economical... compared to the $120/ounce/US that it goes for... under ingredients it only says Jasmin Oil. Don't know if I should try it alone, or mix it with other oils for a hot oil treatment? I found an east indian site where they sell Jasmin as a hot oil treatment (this was the only site).

What do you all think? Should I try it or not fool with it? Lord knows I do not need anything else to help stir up my husband lol! The last thing I need is for him to smell this thing on my hair and get happy /images/graemlins/smile.gif Just kiddin.