question about deep conditioning, rollersetting, and relaxing

nodisrespect

I recently got a hooded dryer which will hopefully open the door to new hair care practices. A few questions:

1. I would like to deep condition before I rollerset. Is it a bad idea to dc under the dryer, then use it again to dry the rollerset?

2. If I self relax, should I deep condition after neutralizing? If so, with a protein or a moisturizing shampoo?

TIA

The Girl

I recently got a hooded dryer which will hopefully open the door to new hair care practices. A few questions:

1. I would like to deep condition before I rollerset. Is it a bad idea to dc under the dryer, then use it again to dry the rollerset?

2. If I self relax, should I deep condition after neutralizing? If so, with a protein or a moisturizing shampoo?

TIA

Not at all. Just wear a cap when you DC

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
1) Yep, it should be fine :yep: A hooded dryer is indirect heat, so there's really no worry of getting heat damage. I dc w/heat and rollerset a lot with no problems

2) I always use a moisturizing conditioner after relaxing, because no-lye dries hair out really bad. I just relaxed last Friday and dc'd w/heat with Alter Ego Energzing Conditioner for an hour, and rollerset afterwards. My hair felt FANTASTIC :D