Question about Hair Butters

LANYCLADY

I have fine hair, and most oils make it look stringy. I have had really good results (as far as avoiding the nasty string look /images/graemlins/frown.gif with avocado butter).

My question is are butters "moisturizing"? I know they are emollient, but I don't want to just coat my hair with oil, I am trying to keep it moisturized. I am not sure how they differ from oils.

Thanks /images/graemlins/grin.gif

daviine

I think that butters, like oils, are lubricants and not moisturizers although they may have emollient properties. How are you wearing your hair?

In order to maximize the benefits of using an emollient butter, I would first spray my hair with a liquid of my choice be it water or a leave-in spray, and then apply the butter on top to "seal" in the moisture.

This again depends on how you wear your hair, especially since you have fine hair. I have fine hair but it doesn't matter becasue I don't wear my hair out. This method probably wouldn't work with your hair being worn out, especially if you have fine hair.

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
daviine is right; they're not always moisturizing, but if you switch to avocado pulp instead of a refined butter, it would be an emollient and a moisturizer.