How are you using your MTG? --> Help u newbies understand..?..

choqlat1

Okay ladies... So many women on this site RAVE about the positive affects of MTG - now its time for you all to share your usage of MTG with all us newbies :grin: ...

So, how are you using your MTG? Some ladies mention, they apply it at night, sleep on it, then what??? Wash it out in the morning? Regular Wash or Condition Wash?

Some ladies use MTG daily - if having to wash it out daily ----> Is that damaging to the hair (because your washing daily)?

Is MTG really all that necessary for fast, quality hair growth (innocent question, all you MTG lovers - don't beat the ignorant messenger :confused: ).

AND ... what the heck is a condition wash:confused: for us newbies? What is its affect on a relaxed head of hair? I am currently growing my hair out from a short, relaxed, style (my hair is about 3 or 4 inches long). Do condition washes leave the hair oily (meaning, are you washing out all the dirt and or residue from a prior day(s)? Do you condition wash and follow the same regimen you would if you washed with Shampoo?

Okay - way tooo long with waaaay tooo many question. Any takers?

Thanks Ladies ----->:spinning:

Suri

choqlat1 said:
So, how are you using your MTG? Some ladies mention, they apply it at night, sleep on it, then what??? Wash it out in the morning? Regular Wash or Condition Wash?

You can apply MTG to dry hair at night and let it stayin your hair overnight. Wake an style as usual. If you prefer (and some ladies do) to apply MTg to wet hair then wash as usual or co wash (which is washing your hair with conditioner instead of shampoo) and then apply MTG liberally, or sparingly if you cannot handle the smell or oil.

Some ladies use MTG daily - if having to wash it out daily ----> Is that damaging to the hair (because your washing daily)?

When you apply MTG it is advised to leave it in for at least two days so you are not washing it out daily. It's acutally meant to stayin for a few days to a week.

Is MTG really all that necessary for fast, quality hair growth (innocent question, all you MTG lovers - don't beat the ignorant messenger :confused: ).

You have to try it out and see. Some people get results from minimal use, others find that when they saturate their hair in MTG it gives them results faster. It will most likely thicken your hair before it gives you length, but everyone is different.

AND ... what the heck is a condition wash:confused: for us newbies? What is its affect on a relaxed head of hair? I am currently growing my hair out from a short, relaxed, style (my hair is about 3 or 4 inches long). Do condition washes leave the hair oily (meaning, are you washing out all the dirt and or residue from a prior day(s)?

Conditioner washes are using conditioner to wash your hair instead of shampoo. Conditioner washes don't leave the hair oily, but it helps to retain moisture that certain shampoos can strip. It also depends on how much product you use in your hair. If you use gels, pomades etc. then you might need to co wash more frequently or clarify monthly. Whenever you let water rinse your hair, you are washing out the dirt from prior days providing you don't use many products in between washes.

Do you condition wash and follow the same regimen you would if you washed with Shampoo? Yes. treat your conditioner the same as you would a shampoo meaning after you co wash, condition/deep condition.

Okay - way tooo long with waaaay tooo many question. Any takers?

Thanks Ladies ----->:spinning:

I am transitioning so my co wash needs are more vital, but for relaxed hair if may differ.

Last edited:

juicy555

:newbie:

I co-wash (substitute conditioner for shampoo) and add MTG to scalp while hair's damp. You leave it in, no need to wash out the next day. I've used it for a month and a half and the results are thicker longer hair.

There are many quality posts on the subjects of MTG and co-wash which will show you the best way to go about the different methods, what conditioners to use, different experiences. The reading is definitely worth it! :up:

Best of luck on your hair journey! :)