Question for relaxed ladies who wear bobs . . .

Glib Gurl

If your hair is about shoulder length, how do you style your hair when you wear a bob? Do you use rollers at night and then wrap it for a while in the morning? Do you just use a curling or flat iron? Or do you get it wrapped at the salon and maintain on your own?

I'm desperate to have a cute bob . . . and the first method (which is my usual method) just doesn't work . . . I end up with too many curls or no curls at all :mad:

I usually flat iron once a week (after washing), then I do a cross wrap using duckbill hair clips for the rest of the week. To get a little extra wave in the front and on top, I use Caruso steam rollers in the morning while I shower and dress.

Katt73 said:
I usually flat iron once a week (after washing), then I do a cross wrap using duckbill hair clips for the rest of the week. To get a little extra wave in the front and on top, I use Caruso steam rollers in the morning while I shower and dress.

Okay, that's it. I'm definitely going to buy the Caruso rollers when I get paid on Friday. Just wondering, though - how do you protect your hair against the sponge/foam roller material -- do you use end papers?

Glib Gurl said:
Okay, that's it. I'm definitely going to buy the Caruso rollers when I get paid on Friday. Just wondering, though - how do you protect your hair against the sponge/foam roller material -- do you use end papers?

Yes...I put a little QP Mango Butter on the ends and use end papers. The curlers actually make my ends look really good, as long as I leave them in til they're completely dry (about 30 - 40 minutes for my thick hair).

When I am freshly relaxed and up to 2mos I would wear my hair in the bob style. It has grown out a little so I really dont get the same look as I did when I first started wearing that style. The way I would acheive this look is 2 ways: If I want it straight and sort of flat bob I would just wrap my hair w/ no rollers. It would come out w/ the swope bang and ends were semi straight w/ a little bump. If I wanted more body I would add 3-4 magnetic rollers on the top of my head and just wrap around. I never would rollerset all my hair but Im pretty sure it would come out nice if u did that w/ a tight wrap. I never used heat to acheive this look just wrapping. Theres a couple of pics in my fotki if you want to look at how my bob came out. HTH

bablou00 said:
When I am freshly relaxed and up to 2mos I would wear my hair in the bob style. It has grown out a little so I really dont get the same look as I did when I first started wearing that style. The way I would acheive this look is 2 ways: If I want it straight and sort of flat bob I would just wrap my hair w/ no rollers. It would come out w/ the swope bang and ends were semi straight w/ a little bump. If I wanted more body I would add 3-4 magnetic rollers on the top of my head and just wrap around. I never would rollerset all my hair but Im pretty sure it would come out nice if u did that w/ a tight wrap. I never used heat to acheive this look just wrapping. Theres a couple of pics in my fotki if you want to look at how my bob came out. HTH

Ditto on this method exactly!

OT: Bablou, you look just like a Barbie doll! Gawgeous girl!

bablou00 said:
Ditto!:yay:Yay::yay:

I airdry then add some conair hot curls to my hair. I leave these on while I do house chores. When I take them out I immediately pin curl each hot curl section. (you get it?)

I sleep like this. In the morning I take the pin curls out, do a quick wrap and unwrap and go.

I also tend to do alot of pincurls or bantu sets with a head band during summer months. Either that or basic styles like what is in my avatar.

Last edited:
bablou00 said:

you look sooooooooooooo nice!

Kyla

Back