Question for rollersets...

-Love Love*

So I did a roller set saturday, slept on it sunday and the curls were FLAT. =\ . Needless to say I re-rolled my hair and it looked good today, but am I gonna have to roll it up every night, or is there an alternative to a head full of rollers every night?

Dogmd

i finally figured out a good way other than pincurling.

i did a rollerset last night, then i pulled everything up in a high ponytail and wrapped the edges with a silk scarf. this morning, beautiful soft curls. they were not tight, but i hate tight curls anyway. so overall, it looked like a bun on the very top of my head. hth. :drunk:

Blkprincess

I was thinking pincurling, too. maybe you can try those bendable curlers or flexrods, at least you can sleep in those. some ladies do the old school curlers with the paper. I had bought some satin covered bendable curlers, they're more like "pillow rollers" , but the ones I bought don't hold on very well. you can feel the wire on the ends, but they're just not strong enough for me.:ohwell: the one plus I found with the flexrods, was that my ends were always healthy!! and back then I would only set like 1 or 2 ponytails.:drunk:

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    2 KB · Views: 83

LushLox

Pin curling is lovely once you get the knack of it. However I want some fresh curls for tomorrow so I'm going to sleep on my magnetics tonight! The things we do for hair! :ohwell:

Your Cheeziness

If you want the loose waves, I agree with Dogmd. But for more defined curls, pincurling is just as good and lets you sleep peacefully. It takes practice and if you pin the curl wrong, you can flatten it. My best advice is to remove one roller, keep the curl formed, lay it flat against your head and use a small bobby pin to pin it down. Easy peasy. Check out SalonCabelo on youtube and she has a pincurl tutorial offering several ways to pincurl. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLST3eCHgJ4

BostonMaria

i finally figured out a good way other than pincurling.

i did a rollerset last night, then i pulled everything up in a high ponytail and wrapped the edges with a silk scarf. this morning, beautiful soft curls. they were not tight, but i hate tight curls anyway. so overall, it looked like a bun on the very top of my head. hth. :drunk:

Yes I do that "pineapple" thing (high ponytail) and I get beautiful bouncy curls. I love it so much better than pincurling and it doesn't bother me at night when I'm sleeping.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I gather my hair into a ponytail and roll it with a jumbo flexi rod.

Yes, this works! I learned this from Black Barbie and it makes a beautiful style w/ curls. :yep:

LL,

I also love satin rollers. They are like sponge rollers, but covered in satin.

chokolate miss

Hmm...I am going to have to try that "pineapple" method too. I just posted in another thread that I thought pincurling with bobby pins and then sleeping in them, might be counterproductive.

Do you tuck the ends under and then put on a bonnet?

Does a low pony work too? I think my hair would fall better if it was in a low and loose pony.