Question on roller size and product

Dionne

What size rollers would you recommend for just a slight bend in the hair. I like to wear my hair straight down and I just tease it with my hands to add volume. I really don't like curls ya know what I mean. Also, what product do you all use when roller setting. I was using lottabody but I think it made my hair too hard when I wraped it and I couldn't find a softer hold formula. Thanks again

tc_333

Hey Dionne,

Great question, I'm in the same situation -- I definitely prefer my hair straight with just a slight curl at the ends, and I don't get that look from my roller sets (though it's sometimes nice for a change).

I hope some of the ladies have some ideas on how to achieve the desired results!

daviine

I think the size depends on the lenght of your hair. You would probably have to use the biggest that your hair could wrap around to avoid the curly look.

Did you dilute the Lottabody? Sometimes it gets hard whn you put too much--at least that always happened to me. I used to use mousse sometimes just becasue I had some. Some people use like the foaming up wrap lotions like Motions to rolleset their hair.

HTH

Allandra

Like Daviine said, you probably have to use the biggest roller that you could wrap your hair around to have less curl. I currently use purple magnetic rollers which are 5.5" in diameter. I would use bigger rollers, but then I wouldn't be able to fit under my hooded dryer. It makes my hair a little curly, but not much. Once I take the rollers out, I wrap my hair and sit under the dryer for a few minutes. When I comb my hair down, it has a slight bend on the end. I don't use setting lotion when I roller set my hair. I either use Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner or Kiehl's Leave-In Conditioner. Both of these leave my hair soft and moisturized. HTH.

sweetcocoa

Ditto what Allandra and Daviine said. I don't like most setting lotions...especially Lottabody 'Lotion', it makes my hair hard. I use either Elucence or Lottabody Cream....NOT the lotion that everyone sells. Then when it's dry (sometimes I do this when it's dry except on some small spots) I do a wrap and get back under the dryer for another 15 minutes or if it's at night I wrap and go to bed. I found using KMS Flatout relaxing balm smoothed on when I wrap before getting back under the dryer smooths it out even more. My first pic in my album was done this way(see the link below).

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/sweetc0c0/vwp?.dir=/Hair+2002&.src=ph&.dnm=Feb+2002+-++The+final+chop....jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/sweetc0c0/lst%3f%26.dir=/Hair%2b2002%26.src=ph%26.view=t

sweetcocoa

Thanks Daviine! I assumed you are talking about my natural curls..correct? I like them also..but I'll like them even more when I get some more length. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

BlkMane

Hi, Dionne. I find that if I use a SILICONE straigtening product (Rusk Str8 or John Frieda RELAX Straight Forward) on my wet hair then rollerset, my hair falls straighter than if I use other products before rollersetting.

Tracy

I do the same as most of the lovely ladies here mentioned. I use grey rollers by "Diane" - a manufacturer - the size of beer cans (my hair is about 2 inches past shoulder length and I do agree that the length of the hair matters). I only use a leave in to rollerset. That takes care of the crunch factor for me. My hair always comes out straight with some bounce to the ends. I brush it into a wrap and tie it down. By morning it's even better.