Question@ Protein Treatments

girlyprincess23

I was wondering is it okay to follow EVERY protein treatment with a deep moisture treatment? I was wondering because I don't like the way my hair feels after protein treatments. Which is very very very DRY!:perplexed

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
Heavy Protein Treatments...YES!! Lighter protein treatments (Aphogee 2 min, AO GPB, ORS Mayo)...I don't think so. I do it either way. I use the lighter protein as a pre-poo and then deep condition w/ a moisturizing one.

shadylane21

Oh! yes yes yes this is must. after a protien tx you must replace your mouisture or your hair will be crispy and risk damage.

gymfreak336

Heavy Protein Treatments...YES!! Lighter protein treatments (Aphogee 2 min, AO GPB, ORS Mayo)...I don't think so. I do it either way. I use the lighter protein as a pre-poo and then deep condition w/ a moisturizing one.

ITA

The heavier ones definatly need to be followed with a moisture treatment. For the ligher ones, I don't always follow them with moisture. It depends on how my hair is feeling. If I really needed the protein, I can tell as soon as I rinse it out; my hair would still feel soft and smooth, that way I know I really sucked up the protein. With the mild ones, I will sometimes just follow with a little cream rinse

Brownie518

ITA

The heavier ones definatly need to be followed with a moisture treatment. For the ligher ones, I don't always follow them with moisture. It depends on how my hair is feeling. If I really needed the protein, I can tell as soon as I rinse it out; my hair would still feel soft and smooth, that way I know I really sucked up the protein. With the mild ones, I will sometimes just follow with a little cream rinse

:yep: Yes, what gym said. I definitely have to follow up my proteins with moisture. My hair will just end up breaking if I don't.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I follow all my protein treatments with a moisturising conditioner. The light ones and the heavy ones just to keep my hair from snapping.