Question

NAPPtural

ALL the Ladies who had read and use Cathy Howes book/products what results did you get? How long did you notice a difference? How often did you use her products? What did you learn that was in her book? Is her book/products worth buying and is her system for Naturals too?
(Thanks to all who respond)
smile.gif

~Napptural~

Hi Napptural,

I use her method and it has worked well for me. At the time that I purchased her book, I didn't know much about hair care and it was just what I needed to get me on track to growing my hair. Her method basically stresses washing your hair frequently and in the shower, doing a deep conditioning treatment with every wash, a protein treatment once a month, and moisturizing your hair-particularly the ends to keep them from breaking. Much of what she writes is mentioned on this board daily, but I like having her book for reference.

I use both of her products and like them very much. There are others who have used her conditioner and didn't like it. While it doesn't detangle, it gave my hair the strenght it needed and her hair mist made my hair very shiny.

It doesn't matter whether your hair is relaxed or natural. Her tips will help anyone change the health of their hair and contribute to it's growth.
smile.gif

Thanks for responding.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Hopefully, i will find the products that will soften my hair and make it easy to comb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is her conditioner a cream or liquid? Is it a rinse out conditioner? Her Dew product is that something like s-curl moisturizing spray or of the like? ..And what are the ingredients in her products?

Also out of her book that you had read..
What was the most important advice/tip that you had gotten from her book? Was there a section in there that really open your eyes? If so what is it? How long have you hair grown since you use her products and read the book?
(sorry for all the question)

~Napptural~

Her conditioner is a cream conditioner that you rinse out. I love it because it gives my scalp that tingling feeling because of the peppermint oil contained in it.

The dew is not like the s-curl. It's liquid with a fruity smell. It's very light, like water. The cones in it give my hair a nice shine.

There were a lot of tips I learned, but I think the fact that she emphasized the need to pay very close attention to my ends really hit me. I never really thought about it, but since the ends of your hair are the oldest part, they do need extra care to keep them attached to your head.
tongue.gif
(why didn't I realize that myself?) Also, I never knew that frequent washing would change the health of my hair, and that I had to make sure to buy shampoo formulated specifically for dry, damaged or color treated hair. Before I would pick any shampoo because I liked the smell and the color.
blush.gif

Since I started using her products in October of last year, my hair is now longer than it has ever been. It has finally grown past the nape of my neck.
smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Also, I never knew that frequent washing would change the health of my hair, and that I had to make sure to buy shampoo formulated specifically for dry, damaged or color treated hair. Before I would pick any shampoo because I liked the smell and the color.

[/ QUOTE ]

..so you can use any shampoo as long as it say for your hair type. What shampoo do you use?
DO you know of any shampoo that is real moisturizing..?

Thanks

~Napptural~

BYW:
Do she mention anything in there about condition washes?Would that be the same thing? or do you have to use shampoo?
Thanks

Hi Napptural,
wave.gif

Many women on this board use Cream Of Nature Shampoo. It's very moisturizing. I use Cream Of Nature or either do a condition wash with a light conditioner. You just wash your hair with the conditioner, just like you would normally with a shampoo. Surprisingly, conditioners have a fair amount of cleansers in them. Try adding a bit of conditioner and water in a bottle, and shake it up. You'll see bubbles. Conditioner washes help to keep your hair feeling soft, and not dry like some shampoos.
smile.gif
Make sure you use the pads of your fingers to gently scrub your scalp too with a conditioner wash, to make sure all the dirt is removed. But yes, Cream of Nature is a good choice to start with I think.
smile.gif
Hope this helps!

Blessings,
Compassion

Napptural,

I use Cream of Nature Shampoo for dry/damaged hair, (green an yellow bottle). I also use Nexxus Botanoil Shampoo which is great for dry hair, as well as Mizani Botanifying shampoo. I've also used Pantene for dry hair. The Elucence line fo shampoos have some good ones for dry hair also.
smile.gif

Back