who uses Cathy howse's products?

naijamade79

Hey ladies anyone out there using Cathy Howse's Ultra black hair products and read her book?Did it work for any of you?

CarefreeinChicago

I loved loved the conditioner it made my scalp feel tingly but i did not like the moisturizer it stank threw the whole bottle away.

nadine1977canada

I use her products. I love her conditioner because it makes my scalp tingle. I dont use it that much anymore but I'm still faithfuly using her leave- in moisturizer.

netnet26

I havent as of yet...I will be purchasing the con this week!.......Always wanted to try her products......but my thing is why all the hatred toward her knowledge and hair care ...for all I know she was the first website for black hair that I found that helped me out the most!!!!:yep:......NOTHING against my LHCF fam...Im stuck w/ yall foreva :heart2:....I am just saying....People called her liers and said she was stilling others techniques......well formost I have no clue if this is or isnt true.....so I am going to leave it at that...:perplexed

Jetblackhair

I started my haircare journey after reading Cathy's book. I also bought the conditioner which I like for protein treatments and the tingly sensation, the moisturizer and the dew spray.

I still use the conditioner and the dew spray. I haven't ordered the lotion moisturizer in a while.

RZILYNT

I started my Hair Journey with her products and really liked them. I read her book and found it to be practical as well. Many of her practices I had been following before I read the book so it helped me see that I was not crazy for not getting trims with every salon service and to get rid of the brush's. It was also how I found LHCF. Some how I was connected to this site. Glad I did! :yep:

RZ~

Yellowflowers

I havent as of yet...I will be purchasing the con this week!.......Always wanted to try her products......but my thing is why all the hatred toward her knowledge and hair care ...for all I know she was the first website for black hair that I found that helped me out the most!!!!:yep:......NOTHING against my LHCF fam...Im stuck w/ yall foreva :heart2:....I am just saying....People called her liers and said she was stilling others techniques......well formost I have no clue if this is or isnt true.....so I am going to leave it at that...:perplexed

I bought her products and book and had some results for a time but later found products that were better and cheaper. I still like the Dew but had to learn how to use it.

However I credit Cathy Howse with the concept of balancing protein with moisture and peppermint oil for stimulating the scalp.

I think she rubbed some people the wrong way by coming off as abrasive in her response to some of the questions asked but maybe she felt she had to because some sistas can be not so nice about hair.

I still like Cathy Howse and consider her a pioneer in better hair care for AA women and admire her for her accomplishments.

Last edited:

InnerSoul

I still use and love her products.. the conditioner makes my scalp feel wonderful and her moisturizer(dew and the lotion creme) works great on my texturized hair! Her method gave me more hair growth and a healthier result.. I am the one that messed up the results when I left that stupid ORS no lye relaxer on it too long and it was worse since the kit didn't come with a pre relaxer treatment(and then I slacked up on using UBH). Boy I wish I could go back before the ORS days:perplexed.. but my hair is trying to make a come back.. slow but sure.. I am using UBH to get my hair back to a healthier start.

Oh and I learned alot from her book.

I started with her book too. When i couldnt find a way to get her products in the UK, I looked searched and searched online and I found LHCF!!:yep:

InnerSoul

I bought her products and book and had some results for a time but later found products that were better and cheaper. I still like the Dew but had to learn how to use it.

However I credit Cathy Howse with the concept of balancing protein with moisture and peppermint oil for stimulating the scalp.

I think she rubbed some people the wrong way by coming off as abrasive in her response to some of the questions asked but maybe she felt she had to because some sistas can be not so nice about hair.

I still like Cathy Howse and consider her a pioneer in better hair care for AA women and admire her for her accomplishments.

@the red....IN TOTAL AGREEMENT!!!:yep: