Questions about Aphogee

PrincessM

For those who know about Aphogee Intensive 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor or Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair...

- Is one stronger than the other?
- How often do you use it?
- Is one "better" than the other?

I ask because I've just brought the Intensive 2 Minute for my regular every month reconstructor and I don't know if I should've brought the other. Thanks in advance

Aerie17

The Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair is in my opinion, much stronger. It is to be used once every 6 weeks or so. Once it is on, you don't manipulate your hair at all, because it becomes extemely hard and brittle. I usually air dry it in (although you can certainly use a hood dryer for speed, no plastic cap, please)and then stand under the shower spray to rinse, not touching my hair at all until it is completely rinsed out. I then apply an intensive moisture treatment, such as Keracare Humecto or Wella Kolestral, rinse and am done. I usually do this just before or after my touch-up for added strength. I have not done it recently, having found this board and then trying other products, but I think it is a good regimine to use in general. I always find myself returning to it eventually.

I have used the 2 minute product and this is probably good for a quick protein treatment when you don't have time for the other. I suggest following with moisture conditioning every time you use a keratin-type protein. Otherwise, you may find your hair is drier and more brittle than usual. I found this out the hard way...

diamond_nh

Aerie, does you your hair get hard just from letting it airdry with the Aphogee in it. I thought the heat was crucial to it's penetration or is it just to make it dry quicker?

I used the 2 minute reconstructor after the aphogee treatment and before I used the balancing moisturizer and another moisturizing conditioner.

I think there are alot of people who use the reconstructor alone. The treatment is stronger though.

Aerie17

[ QUOTE ]
Aerie, does you your hair get hard just from letting it airdry with the Aphogee in it. I thought the heat was crucial to it's penetration or is it just to make it dry quicker?

I used the 2 minute reconstructor after the aphogee treatment and before I used the balancing moisturizer and another moisturizing conditioner.

I think there are alot of people who use the reconstructor alone. The treatment is stronger though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the heat is just to make it dry more quickly. Yes, the Aphogee makes my hair hard and brittle with the treatment in it, even just air-drying. The bottle warns you of this though, so it is not a surprise when it happens. Just be careful not to manipulate the hair. It is brittle enough to break it off, I would bet! I don't think you need any other protein after using the treatment. It is pretty intense. The other reconstructor I would only use in a time crunch for maintenance.

A

anks

that's basically what i do too Aerie. i love the aphogee products and it has helped my hair from breakage.

Aerie17

[ QUOTE ]
that's basically what i do too Aerie. i love the aphogee products and it has helped my hair from breakage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that one is great. Just wish they could do something about the smell! LOL
oo: