Quick pic of my 11 month progress... THANKS LHCF!! :)

Pompous Blue

I big-chopped in April, so I need some encouragement that it'll grow out.....Thanks for the inspiration! Beautiful pictures.

mrsjohnson75

Some progress...ummm you have made A LOT of progress!!!:dance7:

Its beautiful:love:.....thanks for sharing.

I feel like I'm a slow grower too. I'm 11 months post and I don't think I have nearly as much new growth on my head.

AnotherLevel

Thank you for the compliments on my daughter :rolleyes:. She was my biggest inspiration to go natural! Her hair has amazed me since birth. I've been relaxed all my life and I never knew natural hair could be so beautiful.

Go for the BC!! It was the best decision I've ever made for my hair!! This lovely forum and youtube are filled with wonderful inspiration. I couldn't have done it without them!!

Thanks for sharing this. I'm this close to bc'ing and definitely could use the inspiration. Great Progress!

So I went to check your fotki, and OMG your daughter is adorable, soo cute!

AnotherLevel

fantastic progress, your hair has grown fast! how did you style your hair in the last photo? :)

Thank you so much :). The last pic is a flat twist out (about 8 twists) on banded hair. It was washed the day before. I have MAJOR, MAJOR shrinkage. I find that stretching my hair (via banding) really helps cut down the ssk's and makes the next detangling session a lot easier. All of this "knowledge" is of course, courtesy of LHCF!! Gotta give credit where credit is due!! :)

AnotherLevel

Your hair is gorgeous, but so is your skin! What products do you use on your skin?

Thank you so much :). Right when I turned 30 (in March), my skin started becoming irritated like never before (breaking out and clownin like crazy!) I just started using Black Soap and Olay Regenerist Moisturizer. It is helping. Prior to this, I'd been using Neutrogena Deep Clean and Ambi Even and Clear Moisturizer. I worked well for 5+ years. I was thinking maybe my skin just needs a change??

tetbelle

Great progress. Definately a year after the big chop you get a lot of growth. Wait until you reach 6 more months your going to be surprised. I really like your BC pic too :yep:

tada1

your hair is truly on another level :drool:

ps: i know i already commented about it in the other thread, but i just HAD to say it again. :lachen:

AnotherLevel

Wow! Thank you all so much!! I can't tell you how much your compliments mean to me. I know I've said this many times, but most people where I live look at my hair like it's bright green and made of yarn!! Lol!! I hardly ever see any other natural women... ever! My close friends dig it but the general public... That's another story.

I've always admired natural hair and you ladies rock some fierce heads of hair!! It means so much to get recognition from people I respect and admire. Thank you. Really.