Race and Hair type.

SweetJamaica

I know their is some kind of conection. But cousin who is full black has straight hair 1 and 2 comb but it is very bushy. While Me, being only 1/4 black I have type very curly 3c. Both our hair are relaxed. She only gets hers like twice a year whilte I get mines every 6-8 weeks. Her hair is the same lenght as mine except layered. So what do yall think.

BrEE

i dunno, i dont think race is a perfect way to determine how someone's hair type will be. i've known white folks with veryy curly hair, i even saw a white guy with a fro, very kinky hair. and i've seen black people dark skin at that with type 1 hair. i remember this girl from highschool with type 1 hair bone straight with past waist length hair who from her acounts was black. but then again there's been so much intermixing who knows.

lsubabiedee

certain characteristics are more common among certain racial groups...but it shouldnt be assumed that people of a certain race can only have those characteristics

*sorry, that sounded so textbook-ish*

NubianAngel

No, I think it was well said

SweetJamaica

That is true my mother told me that their are balck people in Africa with yellow skin and blond hair ( I have met on before) and others with red skin and red hair.

Devi

[ QUOTE ]
lsubabiedee said:
certain characteristics are more common among certain racial groups...but it shouldnt be assumed that people of a certain race can only have those characteristics

[/ QUOTE ]

yeppers!

Angelicus

I do agree with lsubabiedee (girl your hair is the bomb and i am not just saying that because your school is my employer
)

some of you all may already know how i feel about hair typing. I think it divides us more than it brings us together

but who cares about hair type! I just want it to be nice and healthy.

greAtness333

[ QUOTE ]
Devi said:
[ QUOTE ]
lsubabiedee said:

[/ QUOTE ]

yeppers!

[/ QUOTE ]

Very True! My grandmother (RIP) had red hair while all her other sisters had dark hair. My little cousin has type 2 hair and is full black.

lsubabiedee

[ QUOTE ]
silvergirl said:
sry.. i didnt even read the posts i was too busy lookin at bree's avatar lol

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah...it was distracting me...took me like 10 minutes to reply b/c i just kept looking at it....lol

lsubabiedee

[ QUOTE ]
anky said:
I do agree with lsubabiedee (girl your hair is the bomb and i am not just saying that because your school is my employer
)

some of you all may already know how i feel about hair typing. I think it divides us more than it brings us together

but who cares about hair type! I just want it to be nice and healthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks girlie!