Suggestion Race Forum

nappystorm

Can you create a centralized location for racial issues?
The posters who love discussing these topics can have their own section of the forum and the rest of can have a little relief?:look:

P.S. Feel free to throw in hair texture and skin tone debates :yep: Thanks.

Okay

Can you create a centralized location for racial issues?
The posters who love discussing these topics can have their own section of the forum and the rest of can have a little relief?:look:

P.S. Feel free to throw in hair texture and skin tone debates :yep: Thanks.

I will stay out of that thread!

Vintageglam

At first when I saw this title I thought :nono:, but then seeing the way it was put :scratchch that is not such a bad idea.

That said I do not think it will just be confined to the one or two posters on this board who like to make errrrything about race as inevitably folks will let their curiosity get the better of them and might not end so well....

Instead, I think its time we had private chat rooms where people can defame at leisure and invite their e-freinds and talk about race till the cows come home....

Last edited:

Okay

At first when I saw this title I thought :nono:, but then seeing the way it was put :scratchch that is not such a bad idea.

That said I do not think it will just be confined to the one or two posters on this board who like to make errrrything about race as inevitably folks will let their curiosity get the better of them and might not end so well....

Instead, I think its time we had private chat rooms where people can defame at leisure and invite their e-freinds and talk about race till the cows come home....

Yeah :ohwell: i think i'd be curious anyways... but i feel like with this board.. if you dont have self-hating issues or youre insecure because of your race it will get worse so entering that thread wont be good for me.. am i alone in thinking this?

SmileyNY

I don't think that will stop random threads from becoming racial lol! Every other thread will end up bring moved to the "race" forum.

Newbees will think "Why is a thread about sealing your ends in the race forum??" lol!

Keen

I don't think that will stop random threads from becoming racial lol! Every other thread will end up bring moved to the "race" forum.

Newbees will think "Why is a thread about sealing your ends in the race forum??" lol!

It would be full of a lot of interracial relationship threads.

SmileyNY

It would be full of a lot of interracial relationship threads.

lmao! That too. I can't wait to ignore the inevitable Upper Echelon Interracial Relationships with Light Skinned Women that Relax their Hair thread. It will be 1000 pages long & crash the site for sure lol :lol:

divya

Exactly. Not really for it. I am also not sure that it will be a good thing because many times cultural (even religious) issues are perceived as racial...and people will want to know why their thread was moved there.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
I agree. It would neutralize my forum depression. Black, white, black, white, black, white, MAKE IT STOP!!!!

curlyninjagirl

There's this great hair forum that's been around for awhile that hardly ever mentions race. It's called LHC. Race is hardly ever an issue there.

Solitude

I see what y'all are saying, but I feel like this: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=543253 thread was closed for no reason.

I understand that some people don't want to talk about race, which is understandable, because most of the time I don't, either....but if we had a different section, people could just not click on it! I'd rather there be a separate section than for threads to just be locked...

Solitude

There's this great hair forum that's been around for awhile that hardly ever mentions race. It's called LHC. Race is hardly ever an issue there.

curlyninjagirl, that's a great forum but I don't think they have nearly as many active posters as LHCF & from what I note, most of their posters are Caucasian...race inevitably comes up more frequently on an ethnic hair board. IDK....I remember I was over there lurking and they were talking about hair wrapping like it was a new phenomenon.

LovelyNaps26

this was previously mentioned on off topic. i personally don't think it would work because based on what i've seen a lot of those racially charged threads start off fairly innocuous then take a nose dive.

however, i starting a race forum would prevent threads getting locked in off topic, then sure i'm for it. the thing is once the thread takes a nose dive the mods would lock it anyway.

likewtr4chklit

Race threads never end well, even if you do make a new forum they will still be distracting and leave a bad taste in people's mouths. Most people are just too sensitive for that, no offense.

nikolite

I think its sad that there seems to be so much discontent with discussions on race here (yet those threads don't turn to 30 pages for nothing--clearly somebody wants to talk about it).

I think a race forum is a good idea, if not just to quiet the ones who constantly complain about how much they hate talking about race or bringing up race, as if this isn't a forum for women of color, who are affected by race in our daily lives. Clearly if race is something that concerns a majority of women on here in some way, it doesn't make sense for a forum designed for our needs to try to compartmentalize or block these types of discussions.

Although it would be kind of unfair if we weren't allowed to talk about hair and race, health and race, or relationships and race at the same time without being relegated to some race forum so that a few people can more easily avoid hearing it. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if the race forum became the most popular one second to the hair forum.

likewtr4chklit

nikolite I agree with you actually, the problem unfortunately is that 1. you are dealing with an extremely sensitive topic, even more so than politics and 2. you are dealing with a large number of very different and often controversial opinions about race.

From being on this board for a couple years I've found that they are really bent on keeping the drama down. Race threads=drama x 100,000 trillion. And it's not like You can tell people to keep their opinions to themselves because they "paid their six fiddy". That's just the way it is around here *shrug*

Solitude

Another race thread bit the dust in the hair section. "mixed with Native American"

I guess they'll start going poof! after a while...