Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

julzinha

Somehow I magically went from 50+ flexirods to 14 yet nobody in my house touched them. Who the hell took them then? Guess my hair ate them 8 months ago and I just never realized it. This is why I stay going off on people in this house. Stop touching my stuff :angry2::angry2:
I understand your anger. I hate when people touch my products and hair stuff. I started hiding products across my house because of it. Bottles of JBCO and CON Argan Oil that I only know exist

ScorpioBeauty09

I don't know what it is with some hair braiders and trimming the sides of the braid!!!!:angry2::angry2::angry2: I told this woman twice to stop and she did not, insisting it was necessary for the braids to "look nice." I told her I had an incident where another braider trimmed my braids (they were cornrows, these are small singles) and she said 'don't worry' that she wasn't trimming my real hair. She knew how long my hair was, I just don't get it! I swear if she's cut even a little bit of my real hair, I will be livid and I won't be going back to that salon or if I do, I will ask for a different braider. Especially considering how much I paid.

Sidenote: I really wish this incident with my previous braider hadn't happened. I didn't even have anything to do with it.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
So many hair thoughts tonight.

Was looking at old pics with my mom and asked her what she used to do to my hair when I was younger. My hair was waist length until I started trying to do it myself. She said she washed it once a month and greased my scalp with whatever grease was in the house once a week and left it alone as much as possible. I'm tempted to try that method again. Wash once a month and leave it alone. I don't do grease so I'll probably use apricot or jojoba oil.

CodeRed

I think I'm going to hold off on buying all the essential oils I have in my ebay cart for a while. I already have a few that I've had for around 6 months so I should really use those up anyway. They've been working great. For these "growth aids" I really need to test one thing out at a time. A friend wanted to know if Mane n' Tail really grows your hair and since I like it a lot, I think I'm going to get a 32 oz bottle of the conditioner, use it until it's gone and see if it really does grow hair faster. I think I'll get some safflower oil as my carrier oil next too... I just need to stay out of TJ Maxx and I'll be good. I'm throwing away my Ulta coupons because I sincerely do not need anything out of that store :lol:

Blessed&higlyflavoured

This is random, but I hate seeing young black girls play in non-black or biracial girls long hair. It's like they have this look of envy in their eyes. i work at a high school and I see it all the time. Yea I know, it could be just innocent and maybe i'm thinking too hard, but it makes me sad. they even will say sometimes, "i wish i had hair like yours."
I know what you mean. I saw it too when I was at High School. The Glint in the eye. (I like to think I was immune because I had locs for a good chunk of high school but when you're young you're all working through some stuff)

curlyTisME

Hair is growing, feels pretty healthy.

I think I may be suffering from a iron deficiency. I had one when I was pregnant with Tink.

Lilmama1011

Man.... Burlington pissing me off. I ordered that flat iron on black Friday before the sun came up. I go checking the mailbox and going to the office like a crack head. I haven't washed my hair in like almost 3 weeks because I was waiting to use it. I'm going to just wash my hair and deep condition and probably bun since I'm trying to get into this gym thing

Lilmama1011

Anyone use the miss Jessie's super slip sudsy shampoo? Review please. I swear I was leaving shampoos alone because con argan oil shampoo is my favorite but some girl told me about it 2 days ago and now I'm thinking about purchasing it. But will be pissed it's 11 dollars and doesn't work and my con argan oil shampoo is like only 6.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-10-18-04-01.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-10-18-04-01.png
    930.5 KB · Views: 6

Anaisin

Anyone use the miss Jessie's super slip sudsy shampoo? Review please. I swear I was leaving shampoos alone because con argan oil shampoo is my favorite but some girl told me about it 2 days ago and now I'm thinking about purchasing it. But will be pissed it's 11 dollars and doesn't work and my con argan oil shampoo is like only 6.

I loved this shampoo when I tried it a couple years ago. Never bought it again because I don't really care for all the suds but it cleans and helps detangle.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I've had a bottle. It was nice. Way too expensive for what it was. I'd use it again if I got it for free but I don't think I'll ever purchase it again.

beingofserenity

I have 4b hair. It gets extremely knotty. Extremeely knotty. I have finally come to the realization that I need to keep my hair stretched. I big chopped for maybe the fourth time over the summer and i was washing frequently and using gel and conditioner to have that perfect wash and go, and the result of that were knots, tangles, ssks. My ends sucked. They still kind of suck. But now I know I just need to keep it stretched. I was thinking that I was going to do so by African threading, but I may just end up being a blow dried natural.

Clay washed my hair. Couldn't even make it to two weeks before washing. Result, rough, knotty hair. In my frustration, I grabbed an old behind bottle of Isoplus 24/7 leave in conditioner, and if that thang did not work like a charm to help me comb/detangle my hair and blow dry! Whoo! I sprayed my hair, soaked it with the conditioner and then combed it out, then used the blow dryer starting at the ends ala the Reneice technique. Got it nicer than I've ever been able to get it. No more rough, tangled ends. And if I can figure this bad boy out, I won't feel the need to relax. :wiggle:

I am over any hair drying naturally technique, it has been keeping me bald.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I keep seeing young 20somethings in the most god awful, plastic, wl super shiny Barbie wigs. I mean its so obvious. Do they not have eyes?! Ask your mama for some hair money, your daddy, uncle rayray even! Better yet, just wear your own hair. Its gotta look better than that mess. Every time I see it I get secondhand embarrassed. Smh

sweetpea7

Lost a softball size amount of shed hair. It was a lot. Every time I ran my finger through I would get 6-10 strands.

I think I need to increase my b12 intake now since I'm like 98% vegetarian now. I just started early nivember

overtherainbow

Lost a softball size amount of shed hair. It was a lot. Every time I ran my finger through I would get 6-10 strands.

I think I need to increase my b12 intake now since I'm like 98% vegetarian now. I just started early nivember

I've been a vegetarian for about 8 years now. I definitely had to transition with b12 chewable vitamins (my body absorbs chewable better than pills) for the first couple of years. It definitely gave me a piece of mind, but I never experienced shedding from my diet.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I keep seeing young 20somethings in the most god awful, plastic, wl super shiny Barbie wigs. I mean its so obvious. Do they not have eyes?! Ask your mama for some hair money, your daddy, uncle rayray even! Better yet, just wear your own hair. Its gotta look better than that mess. Every time I see it I get secondhand embarrassed. Smh
At least you're talking about young girls. I just saw an at least 30something mother at a jr. high basketball game last night wearing the worst, orange (blond), shiny, ridiculous lace front with four micro clamps holding the hair back from her face. I think I stared.

overtherainbow

I adore my lila rose flexi clips! Got a couple on black friday. I ordered an xl and a l but they sent me two xl for the same price :) this is a happy accident because a large wouldn't have fit my loose natural hair.
Now I just have to get better at my updos. They currently uhh...leave a lot to be desired. Especially on really old twists.

Attachments

• 20151211_131047.jpg
    20151211_131047.jpg
    448.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 20151211_130701.jpg
    20151211_130701.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 38

GGsKin

I adore my lila rose flexi clips! Got a couple on black friday. I ordered an xl and a l but they sent me two xl for the same price :) this is a happy accident because a large wouldn't have fit my loose natural hair.
Now I just have to get better at my updos. They currently uhh...leave a lot to be desired. Especially on really old twists.

That is really pretty.

ClassyJSP

I'm trying to keep these braids in until at least Christmas but they're starting to look frizzy I probably won't get jumbo braids again maybe some smaller ones next time.