Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

ag00

I've about had it with 3c/4a chicks being overly represented in the natural hair community. 90% of us don't have hair like that. It doesn't make sense that afro-textured hair is not at the forefront of the movement that was created to celebrate OUR damn hair. I hit dislike for every hair tutorial with them on it. I know I'm being petty labelle but so be it.

beingofserenity

I've about had it with 3c/4a chicks being overly represented in the natural hair community. 90% of us don't have hair like that. It doesn't make sense that afro textured hair is not at the forefront of the movement that was created to celebrate OUR damn hair. I hit dislike for every hair tutorial with them on it. I know I'm being petty labelle but so be it.

Lol, you're so funny. Have you considered starting your own blog/youtube?

I'm heading in that direction. I'm tired of some of the people I followed wearing wigs so much.

DeepBluSea

We have been thinking about locing my DD hair for months. My DD has a consultation for sisterlocs. She does not like to get her hair combed or "done" but she likes the final result. She also doesn't want to cut it because she likes the length. My DH wasn't on board with it at first, but he is coming around. I have been researching it. I noticed a lot of white couples who about black girls get them sisterlocs.

krissyhair

I've about had it with 3c/4a chicks being overly represented in the natural hair community. 90% of us don't have hair like that. It doesn't make sense that afro-textured hair is not at the forefront of the movement that was created to celebrate OUR damn hair. I hit dislike for every hair tutorial with them on it. I know I'm being petty labelle but so be it.
What? You press dislike on someones's personal tutorial?

destinyseeker

Am I the only one hesitant about joining any hair growth challenges because the obsession and cray becomes real? o_O

Although I love the accountability of the check ins... my hair seems to grow best when I'm focused on my fitness anyway. So thank you @MonaRae and the ladies in the monthly fitness challenges because my hair grew from shoulder length to just past APL :circle:

Last edited:

DeepBluSea

You know everyone is on the natural hair kick. I think these companies should be more conscious about representing the entire natural community from 3A to 4C. Right now it is one sided the majority of the time. It does suck that the 4B/4c gets pushed to the back burner. If you complain, you get accused of being jealous or hating on someone's shine. I like the different tutorials on hair types because my DDs are 3C and 4A. But I want to see how these products work on my 4B/C hair!

fatimablush

I just bought some Jasmine oil to sexy up my hair oils, and some Auromere Ayurvedic pretty shampoo oils from www.pureformulas.com. I had a 15% off coupon from my first order for signing up to receive emails. Also, THEY LET YOU COMBINE CODES!!! Lol, I was so excited! I now have a $10 credit from a $9 purchase because they are doubling points, and I filled out the account preference Part. Use my referral code for $5 off!! :NJFOPFP. :yep:

I love that site

CurlyMommie

Hard protein has changed the game for me! I was so afraid to use it on my natural hair but I did an Apoghee treatment before installing my havana twists and 5-days later my hair is still super soft from root to ends. (1st time install so I keep having to retwist.)

KinkyRN

Reading the straight hair natural thread makes me want to straighten my hair. But what's the point when it's not long enough to swang? Thinking I will do my research and make it a hair goal by 2017.

KidneyBean86

Southern sweetheart
I just washed my hair and hair looks and feel different? I don't know if it's because the conditioner actually did its job or because the weight of my hair.. I think it's getting longer

CodeRed

Girl, who you telling. I spend more time reading labels then buying.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm my pj-ism is slowing just by ingredients I know I can't use and refusing to buy pretty much anything that I can't read the ingredients on before I buy it. That's curbing my online spending too because there are places that list the wrong/no ingredients and searching for them is hard sometimes.

CodeRed

I don't like having to wait for sales for expensive natural hair products but I just bought stuff from drugstore.com when they had their 20% off of all hair stuff sale (they have them often) and they always have free shipping over $35... I may have to do some "stocking up" when sites like that have those sales...

OhTall1

I don't like having to wait for sales for expensive natural hair products but I just bought stuff from drugstore.com when they had their 20% off of all hair stuff sale (they have them often) and they always have free shipping over $35... I may have to do some "stocking up" when sites like that have those sales...
I do this with the CVS website. Right now they're doing 30% off health and beauty products with free 2 day shipping for $50 orders.