Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

mz.rae

Thinking about transitioning again, except this time I'm going to stick with straight hair. And as a natural only wearing straight hair, that was the only thing that worked for me as a natural.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Twisted my hair into small twists after I washed it. I wish I could wear it like this or in smaller twists but I feel like it looks messy and scalpy because I'm always too lazy to part it properly.

Anaisin

I swear I watch this video at least once a month lmfao

niknakmac

Thinking of installing some spring twists just a touch longer than my hair. Really I just want my twists to last a good 4 weeks and still look good. I am going to install this weekend if I'm not too lazy.

fatimablush

what i learned.

this lady at the doctor's office asked me about my wig. i told her the name of it. i also told her that it was discontinued..it really is.

i also told her a name of a similar one. this lady has been on my back about this one wig. she wanted me to take it off at the doctor's office
and give it to her. i politely told her no.

Twingurl told me i shouldn't have even given her that so now when i go to the doctor's office for chemo and my injections afterward she is going to ask and beg for the wig. i don't mind sharing some of my details... i even introduced her to this website..pintrest and hairlista youtube and everything to set her out on the path....as mentioned before...i didn't mind...but as of now i do...

i now know why some women keep their wig and beauty secrets.

CodeRed

what i learned.

this lady at the doctor's office asked me about my wig. i told her the name of it. i also told her that it was discontinued..it really is.

i also told her a name of a similar one. this lady has been on my back about this one wig. she wanted me to take it off at the doctor's office

Twingurl told me i shouldn't have even given her that so now when i go to the doctor's office for chemo and my injections afterward she is going to ask and beg for the wig. i don't mind sharing some of my details... i even introduced her to this website..pintrest and hairlista youtube and everything to set her out on the path....as mentioned before...i didn't mind...but as of now i do...

That lady sounds like a psycho.

Aggie

I did cowash my hair this morning but I'm still so hair lazy, I have no desire to moisturize tonight. I know I should but I don't wanna, so I ain't gonna :nono:

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I'm full of random thoughts tonight:
1. I dusted my ends tonight so the itch to cut my hair has been scratched.
2. I really like my hair in these twists. I think that maybe this fall I'll be comfortable with wearing them as a style. I just need to find a better product for hold.
3. I think I want to color again but I probably won't until my birthday since I plan on staying in wigs until then.
4. Still going strong with my beautifully bamboo tea and vitamins. Haven't missed a day of either so far. Can't wait to see some growth.

Missjaxon

what i learned.

@fatimablush
:bighug:
I'm sorry this happened to you with all that you're going through. I do feel your pain. I've had people to ask for clothes, shoes and wigs off my body. I've had a woman that I've known for year literally tell me that she knows I must have shoes in the car that I can take my boots off my feet and give to her on the spot. We were in the middle of the street for a street revival/church festival at the time. My advice to you is to stay firm and don't give in because she'll continue to ask for more. The wig is yours and her insisting that you give it to her is like saying that you simply don't deserve what your hard earned money has paid for and that is simply not the case. People like her try to take advantage of a kind and giving heart. I wish you the best and continued improvement of your health unhindered by nuisances.

Last edited:

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I bought 3 Eden's Body works Souffles at Sally Beauty B2G1 free. As soon as I got to my car, I began to berate myself. My products work just fine, I don't need this stuff. Will return later.

Once I got home, I rinsed my hair and dutch flat twisted. I don't know if "dutch flat twist" is actually a thing, but I'm trying to describe two big flat twists, like french braids. French twists? Whatever, point is I did it. They aren't great, but not so bad I need to redo them. Go me!

I'm going to wear a wig tomorrow, so I can get use to it. My new job isn't very curly/coily hair friendly and I don't ever plan on straightening again. I cannot wait until I have enough length for thick buns or a long braid.

I am officially grazing waist length!!! Won't claim it for another two months though. I am loving this new reggie!

Now you know you need to tell us your reggie. I'll wait.

Last edited:

fatimablush

@fatimablush I second this. I stopped reading when you wrote that she asked you to take off your wig and give it to her. That's really sad that you have someone harassing you when you're going through all of these medical problems - especially at the doctors' office you go to for help.

tell me about it...so much for being nice. BRF back in effect for certain folks. my mom went with me to get my injection and she started the drama all over again. my mom was like Really....over some darn hair...

lol.

i don't have to go back until feb3. hopefully this will be over. i can't stand being annoyed.

BRF(B!ish Resting Face)

Last edited:

CodeRed

tell me about it...so much for being nice. BRF back in effect for certain folks. my mom went with me to get my injection and she started the drama all over again. my mom was like Really....over some darn hair...

lol.

BRF(B!ish Resting Face)

Ok now there's really something wrong with her. People doing crazy just in front of one person is bad enough but to do it in front of other people like it's normal behavior is really creepy...

Can you go to a different doctor? Or tell them the problem and have her removed? That's some ish that might go to the next level...

Lol @ BRF :lol:

Cattypus1

All loced up...
For the twist out I was using cantu leave in and Eco styler gel And then braiding on damp hair. I tried corn braiding and the box braids and still not defined. I also tried qhemet alma and olive cream and still came out the same. Maybe because my hair is short less than 4 inches? I don't have any heat damage.
I cannot use gels. I must use a setting foam or mousse for twistouts. My favorite is Nairobi. I get lasting hold and definition and no crunch. I finish with a little PM SS. I'm a 4abc. I have to use something that will allow my fine 4abc hairs to "slide" against each other instead of sticking together and matting. I'm currently on day 6 of a twistout. Maybe you should try a setting lotion instead of a gel.