Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Caramel74

I was so excited about my braid out until I took it out and it was a huge ball of puff. As soon as I finger combed it to put it in a ponytail... POOF! So I ended up with a low bun for work. Later on in the day I took the bun out, shook it out and put it in a ponytail.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I love the way this OGX antifall niacin blah blah blah spray makes my scalp feel. It's all cool and tingly. I'm going to have to go pick up a few more bottles from Ulta tomorrow. Not sure what it's doing for my shedding just yet as I'm just now being consistent with it, but it's worth the few bucks for the refreshed scalp feeling I get when I massage with it.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I had great success with my "strong" protein DC which I cocktailed together using cheap gelatin, oils, SSA, and left over conditioner.

I've used Megatek for years now, but if I can develop a light, medium and strong versions, I think I've just purchased my last bottle of Megatek. I need to purchase a bottle of Neutral protein filler to use as well.

Lissa0821

I so wish I could get braids and rock them for a while but I already know I will look like Naomi Campbell around the edges if I do.

Aggie

Finally my 38 week post texlaxed hair is feeling like it needs to be retouched. It really took a long time this time and I think I know why. I haven't been taking my MSM pills for 2 months. The new texture is not as soft as the rest of my hair.

That leaves me with a couple things to do, resume my MSM pills right after my 10 day Smoothie cleanse and texlax my hair in two weeks at 40 weeks post. All on perfect schedule:yep:

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
After watching numerous videos on how to "slay this wig", I've widened the parts and created baby hair on my wigs. Next, bleaching the knots. I think I was supposed to bleach the knots first, but it is what it is.

locabouthair

I saw some shea moisture shampoo and other products at tj maxx. Don't know if they are being discontinued or what.

Gonna try to do a fro hawk this week with marley hair. Don't know if my hair is long enough but we shall see.

qhemet amla and olive cream seems to agree with my hair. Never though I could air dry but it makes my hair feel soft.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Trying so hard to keep up with my winter wig regimen. But all I really want is to do a wash n go. I wonder if I can really hold out until mid April.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Even though I am super protein sensitive, my hair really responds well to the Shescentit Okra Reconstructor. I can certainly tell a difference when I use it. I thought as a natural, I didn't really need protein. I definitely do just not as often.
SSI okra is the best DC in creation. I use it weekly and in different ways. If I follow the instructions using on dry hair, its a harder treatment. If used after a wash, its very moisturizing. Unfortunately I have to shampoo it out however I use it because it makes my scalp itch like mad. But idc cuz it is not leaving my reggi!

claud-uk

I did my mother's hair, some crochet braids cut into an inverted 'lob', and you really cannot tell her nothing these past few days! :lol: But she looks so cute, I'm letting it rock. :rolleyes:

^^ :bump: - ROFL! Tell us how she's been acting, but she sounds like a classy lady @Honey Bee ! Ps. you "go" too, girl, I tried putting box braids in my mum's hair and they turned out upside down and back-front I swear she gave me a look like "I'm not paying you to put these in and I'm Certainly not paying you to Take. These. Out."

AgeinATL

SSI okra is the best DC in creation. I use it weekly and in different ways. If I follow the instructions using on dry hair, its a harder treatment. If used after a wash, its very moisturizing. Unfortunately I have to shampoo it out however I use it because it makes my scalp itch like mad. But idc cuz it is not leaving my reggi!

You ain't NEVA lied!!! I have never tried it on dry hair. I may try it like that next time.

Honey Bee

^^ :bump: - ROFL! Tell us how she's been acting, but she sounds like a classy lady @Honey Bee ! Ps. you "go" too, girl, I tried putting box braids in my mum's hair and they turned out upside down and back-front I swear she gave me a look like "I'm not paying you to put these in and I'm Certainly not paying you to Take. These. Out."
:lol: @ your mother's face she made. Mine is running around town in dresses and heels and make up (now that I done showed her how to get her eyebrows right :rolleyes:), taking pics and sending them to her friends so they can hate. I think she wants me to update her fb page. :rolleyes: :lol: