Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
My sis accused me of having social anxiety cause I'd rather stay home and experiment with my hair vs going clubbing with her. -_-

I said, "no, I don't have social anxiety, I'd just rather spend time with my hair than clubbing with you". So now she said I hurt her feelings, lol I'm like you started it.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I saw it in the wypipo section in my Target and decided it was not meant for me to research or take one for the team :look:
Lol. I care about ingredients and performance. A lot of things in our section make my fine hair look and feel like crap (I'm looking at you Kinky Curly and Miss Jessie's). As long as it works and is meant for human use it doesn't matter to me what section it's in. I'll probably have my mom take one for the team with the milk and the cream since I don't use heat. But I may try it in December if I decide to flat iron for my length check and trim.

contsantia

I kind of gave up on growing my hair long. But today I did an impromptu length check and my hair is like 2 inches past my armpit! I need a few more inches to reach brastrap. I think I might finally get to brastrap length by the end of the year.
I saw it in the wypipo section in my Target and decided it was not meant for me to research or take one for the team :look:

I think they put marshmallow root extract so they cld relate :angeldevil:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Lol. I care about ingredients and performance. A lot of things in our section make my fine hair look and feel like crap (I'm looking at you Kinky Curly and Miss Jessie's). As long as it works and is meant for human use it doesn't matter to me what section it's in. I'll probably have my mom take one for the team with the milk and the cream since I don't use heat. But I may try it in December if I decide to flat iron for my length check and trim.

I hear you. It just rubs me wrong. Very wrong.

nyeredzi

Coming back into the hair forum brings back memories, back when I used to be really really into hair and hair products. It's actually a relief to not have the desire for another hair product, trying to restrain myself from getting it. The desire has just not been there. But the more I'm in here, the more I'm slightly interested in trying new things. But still, not enough to buy something if I already have a product in that category. Like I recently decided to get something for deep conditioning again, since I had not had anything specifically for deep conditioning in like a year. I got the SM Jamaican black castor oil something or other. Do I like it? Nope. It's the second SM product I've tried and I haven't liked either, so I think I will not try this line again. Nevertheless, I'm going to use it all up before buying another dc. I have one moisturizing shampoo (Trader Joe's), one harsher shampoo, one regular conditioner (also TJ's), one dc (SM), one protein treatment (Komaza), one oil (a jar of coconut oil), one watery leave-in (KCKT) and one creamy leave-in (As I Am double butter). I also have a pomade, some Cantu thing, that I got to try to lay done my daughter's edges, not that I've been successful. I don't use that for me. Having 9 hair products really is plenty, but it's so few compared to the PJs around here :lol: I do want to try Annabelle's Perfect Blends, one of the hair oils. But I'm going to wait until my coconut oil is gone before trying.

beingofserenity

I tried out that brown gel for a few hairstyles and it was terrible.....dried out my hair. I just bought olive oil eco styler and I think I really, really like it. It actually lays my hair down without me using a scarf and I don't think it is as drying as the brown gel. Hopefully my hair looks nice when fully dried.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I tried out that brown gel for a few hairstyles and it was terrible.....dried out my hair. I just bought olive oil eco styler and I think I really, really like it. It actually lays my hair down without me using a scarf and I don't think it is as drying as the brown gel. Hopefully my hair looks nice when fully dried.

You need to go find the Wetline voodoo thread quick :look:

overtherainbow

I spent 2 hours putting in twists and they start to unravel 9 hours later. Whyyyyyyyy???!!! I never had this problem and I've been twisting my hair for years now!

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Confessions of a mad black product junkie tryna stop buying stuff but sneaking purchases here and there and telling herself she needs them - hangs head down in shame and utter defeat and embarrassed, walks out the room :nono: :cry2:

The pj struggle is real Aggie! It's like I get a rush when I buy new products. that's why I keep buying. At least it's better that doing drugs or being an alcoholic.

This is what I tell myself to go to sleep at night lol