Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

GettingKinky

Help!!!

My hair has been getting sticky lately and I can't figure out why. I haven't changed my products (DB daily leave in, grape seed oil, DB transitioning Creme). Once it's sticky it's really hard to wash the stickiness out.

I have a few ideas

- my grapeseed oil has gone bad- does that make hair sticky?

- I've gotten too heavy handed

- I stopped doing my ACV rinse- maybe my cuticles are raised and making my hair more sticky

I'm going to throw out my oil and get a new container and start my ACV rinses again. I hope that does the trick.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
So how you just gonna come in here and say that but not tell us what that is or what it does :lol:

:lol: Its an ayurvedic thing, take the juice from half an onion and a piece of ginger (grate and squeeze) and put it on the scalp overnight. I either part several line parts and dab with a cotton ball or I just add to an applicator bottle and massage it in. Originally I started doing this for shedding, reduced it significantly from the 1st treatment :yep: . It feels wonderfully tingly and I also noticed that my scalp feels a lot more supple and the color is more rosy so I guess it doing something for cirulation as well.

Of course it has a scent, not as bad as you might think, the ginger is pretty dominant. You don't have to leave it on overnight some people do just a few hrs.

Aggie

Added a few drops of bergamot EO to my daily oil and my hair is. in. love.

Like serious love .

Wow.

Just finished a seek n destroy. about to prep for a braid out using miss jessies pillow soft curls on dry hair.
I absolutely love this oil too @DarkJoy. It's a very rich lovely scent.

Last edited:

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
My scalp has been itching like mad the last couple weeks. I've tried DIY and over the counter remedies, but none are effective. I think I'm going to have to go back to 2x weekly washes and find a new,fast and simple protective style. It could be the Aussie Moist causing my seborrheic dermatitis to flare up, not the less frequent washing, but I'm not sure. I'll test both theories this month. If I can't figure it out, I'll be scheduling an appointment with my derm.

overtherainbow

My scalp has been itching like mad the last couple weeks. I've tried DIY and over the counter remedies, but none are effective. I think I'm going to have to go back to 2x weekly washes and find a new,fast and simple protective style. It could be the Aussie Moist causing my seborrheic dermatitis to flare up, not the less frequent washing, but I'm not sure. I'll test both theories this month. If I can't figure it out, I'll be scheduling an appointment with my derm.
What's your hair length? A fast, easy protective style that I do is a chunky braid out or twist out pulled up into a French roll with a flexi 8 that has a detached stick. The flexi 8 is key because it doesn't snatch edges like bunning . The twist out takes me under a half hour on wash day and the French roll takes a few seconds in the morning.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
What's your hair length? A fast, easy protective style that I do is a chunky braid out or twist out pulled up into a French roll with a flexi 8 that has a detached stick. The flexi 8 is key because it doesn't snatch edges like bunning . The twist out takes me under a half hour on wash day and the French roll takes a few seconds in the morning.

My hair is BSL stretched, should be long enough for that style. I'm going to look for flexi 8s right now. Are they sold on the ground or only online?

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I'm trying to decide if I want to do a perm rod set or maybe a twist & curl. I really don't feel like going to the store to look for marley hair because I know I won't find any that matches my hair. The downside to a perm rod set is that I have to pull my hair up or bun it tomorrow and Wednesday and I don't want to overstretch my curls.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I want to get a synthetic wig cause I'm weary of a HH lace investment again. Bought a full lace unit from best lace wigs 2 years ago and honestly, I was disappointed. It was so thin :nope: I don't want to leave any hair out. I hope I can pluck the hairline and part enough so it will look decent pulled back. Or, I'll have to use a headband which I don't like because I find it looks too casual/juvenile for work. Sigh lemme go watch some YT vids on plucking hairlines.

If anyone has had success with synthetic hairlines or knows of a kinky straight lace wig that is truly worth it hit me up please :yep: