Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I've been using the Mane Choice growth oil and I like it. I have no idea if it is actually giving me accelerated growth because to be honest I don't pay close attention to my regular growth rate BUT I do know that it feel like within a week of getting them installed, my twists were slipping down.

It smells very nice! pleasant surprise because i still have nightmares of that wild growth hair oil that used to be popular and smells like hot garbage. i avoided all growth oils after that because i figured they would smell the same.

princess_z

Y'all...I bought products...even though I said I wasn't...cause I'm a product junky.

So spontaneous wash day with : SM JBCO Shampoo, Eden DC, SM Curl Smoothie, KCKT leave in, and Carol's daughter Mimosa Hair Honey.

Hair so soft. I don't even know what did it, but hair so soft. *strokes*

Oh another note, I don't know where I think in my mind I'm a put all these hair products I keep buying.

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
Someone just gave me a Shea Moisture edge treatment that they didn't want. Not really sure what I'm supposed to do with it. It says "smooth and hold" but it doesn't smooth or hold anything. Plus my hair hates shea butter. Oh well. I really like the gel-cream-sorta liquid texture of the product though.

MzSwift

Someone just gave me a Shea Moisture edge treatment that they didn't want. Not really sure what I'm supposed to do with it. It says "smooth and hold" but it doesn't smooth or hold anything. Plus my hair hates shea butter. Oh well. I really like the gel-cream-sorta liquid texture of the product though.

Maybe you can use it for braidouts? Or Bantu knot outs?

MzSwift

Guilty!! :lachen:
When I'm ordering hair items online:

Miss Kane

Why won't my hair wrap?!

When I was relaxed it would wrap perfectly. Even with a fresh press my hair won't cooperate. I think I am just going to go back to roller setting.

The temptation to bump my ends every morning with the flat iron is overwhelming.

***deep sigh***

Lucia

So I just wandered onto the miss Jessie's site to see what's new. And I got hit with sticker shock it's now $32 for the 8oz and $58 for the 16oz baby buttercreme and the ingredients are worse than ever o_O

honestly I stopped using it ages ago when the ingredients started to decline now the good ingredients have practically disappeared the only good thing about it is it has Shea butter way down close to the bottom and it still smells delicious. But those ingredients could clog up traffic much less hair follicles.

Miss Jessie's baby buttercreme

Water (Aqua, Eau), Petrolatum, Glycerin, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum, Huile Minerale), Fragrance (Parfum), PEG-100 Stearate, Acetylated Lanolin, Glyceryl Stearate, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), PEG-8 Dilaurate, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil, Ceteareth-20, Stearyl Alcohol, DMDM Hydantoin, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Panthenol, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Caramel, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Coumarin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Disodium EDTA, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Linalool, Limonene, Cinnamal

http://missjessies.com/baby-buttercreme#.WC6SDnROKf0

Last edited:

JerriBlank

So I just wandered sonto the miss Jessie's site to see what's new. And I got hit with sticker shock it's now $32 for the 8oz and $58 for the 16oz baby buttercreme and the ingredients are worse than ever o_O

honestly I stopped using ages ago when they ingredients started to decline now the good ingredients have practically disappeared the only good thing about it is it has Shea butter way down close to the bottom and it still smells delicious. But those ingredients could clog up traffic much less hair follicles.

Miss Jessie's baby buttercreme

Water (Aqua, Eau), Petrolatum, Glycerin, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum, Huile Minerale), Fragrance (Parfum), PEG-100 Stearate, Acetylated Lanolin, Glyceryl Stearate, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), PEG-8 Dilaurate, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil, Ceteareth-20, Stearyl Alcohol, DMDM Hydantoin, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Panthenol, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Caramel, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Coumarin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Disodium EDTA, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Linalool, Limonene, Cinnamal

http://missjessies.com/baby-buttercreme#.WC6SDnROKf0

I just saw a ton of these at Marshall's in my area. If they're reformulation AGAIN, then that explains why. Smh.

On that note, I shouldn't have left those dandruff SheaMoisture masks on the clearance shelf. They were priced at $6/apiece. I'm going back tomorrow to get them.