Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I am not a product junkie....except when it comes to deep conditioners:hide:
37e65ed357c214735ee01aa07107f953.jpg

I mean.. that's actually not that bad. It looks like a variety of products for different purposes :lol:

I've been away for weeks so most of my BF purchases were still at the USPS. Tell me why are a few of the My Honey Child products not filled all the way to the top. I'm very annoyed. At this point, she will probably feel it's been used vs. accepting the responsibility to correct the issue. :angry2:

I don't want to retwist my hair anymore. I'm tiiirreed. If it weren't for the fact that my hair seems to matt as soon as it touches a pillow in a loose state, I would honestly just wear it out, wash it as much as I want (I REALLY want to play around with washing more often, I think my scalp likes it), and finger detangle lightly here and there while its damp. I see no reason to thoroughly detangle anymore.
Hmm... ranting just gave me an idea. But I'm scared that if I try this whole "loose hair" thing, that I'll just end up having to retwist early and get a whole bunch of fairy knots. But then again, I never minded fairy knots like that.

This is hard, but I love it. I think what I need is some advice: how do ya'll type 4 chicks with twa's go to bed without matting?

Thanks for this thread whoever started it.

@Israellabaht It's been a while since I had a TWA. I used to make Pineapples...A bunch of them (9-12) all over my head. Then put a bonnet on before bed.

Here's a blog post with pics on 1Blessed Natural's blog: http://www.1blessednatural.com/2016/08/back-to-my-pinapples-and-twa.html
I was thinking about doing that but I'm a side sleeper. Does the bun on the side of your head feel uncomfortable? I want this to work sooo bad. But I'm sure my ends would still find a way to try me. Ah well, as long as its not the roots. If those get matted its bye bye to my density. Lol!

Maybe I'll just do smaller ones on the side so its not so uncomfortable. Hmmm... I'd love it if you could get back to me on the comfort things.

Finally re-activated my LHCF membership. I signed up for the 2yr subscription:pepper:. I wasn't going to re-subscribe b/c I was going to cut my hair in a taper style; but I changed my mind. I feel like I ALWAYS do this; whenever I start getting close to my goals or when my personal life is shitty I immediately start contemplating cutting my hair.

I was thinking about doing that but I'm a side sleeper. Does the bun on the side of your head feel uncomfortable? I want this to work sooo bad. But I'm sure my ends would still find a way to try me. Ah well, as long as its not the roots. If those get matted its bye bye to my density. Lol!

Maybe I'll just do smaller ones on the side so its not so uncomfortable. Hmmm... I'd love it if you could get back to me on the comfort things.

I'm a side sleeper too. This is exactly what I did; smaller on the side and back with 2-3 giant ones in the middle. Buns are uncomfortable. Make loose pony puffs. They are comfortable. Use two ponytail holders for your matt-prone sections; one loose at the base and one near the ends. Make sure you use a rich moisturizing & detangling product on your ends to minimize knots. Your hair will still shrink, but it shouldn't matt. Then reactivate with a small amount of water the next day.

I used fabric ponytail holders for the sides and small scrunchies for the middle:
New-Neon-Color-Elastic-font-b-Ponytail-b-font-font-b-Holder-b-font-Cotton-font.jpg
s-l300.jpg

Hope this helps...

I am no help in this area; I let my hair just be, as-is, until around the 5" mark, oil and watering it when I showered. Potential dreads did not start until the 6" mark, so finger-detangling became a staple.

I'm past the 6" point :cry: My hair doesn't even turn into dreads. It just turns into 1 dread. Singular.

However, I just did the front of my head in super huge twists (instead of medium-small ones) and it took like five minutes for what would usually take me an hour! Two inches made a big difference in how large I can do the twists, and I didn't notice because of shrinkage this whole time. :spinning: The only issue is that they stick out from the sides of my head like Loc Dog... :look:

I'm a side sleeper too. This is exactly what I did; smaller on the side and back with 2-3 giant ones in the middle. Buns are uncomfortable. Make loose pony puffs. They are comfortable. Use two ponytail holders for your matt-prone sections; one loose at the base and one near the ends. Make sure you use a rich moisturizing & detangling product on your ends to minimize knots. Your hair will still shrink, but it shouldn't matt. Then reactivate with a small amount of water the next day.

I used fabric ponytail holders for the sides and small scrunchies for the middle:
New-Neon-Color-Elastic-font-b-Ponytail-b-font-font-b-Holder-b-font-Cotton-font.jpg
s-l300.jpg

Hope this helps...

The problem is, I don;t remoisturize daily (low porosity, that would be a nightmare lol). I found somethign that works though. Thanks for the tips! And those are cute with the balls on them.

Back