Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
First try at a curlformer set didn't happen because I poked a hole straight through the first one. And then couldn't get my hair to go through numbers 2 through 4. :cry3:I'll try again later.
Good thing I don't mind celies.
See, that's why I'm scared to get them. I would do something exactly like that :lachen:

Maybe you had too much hair to go through #2&4?

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Yay, I fixed my Nutribullet! I be darned if I buy a new one. Apparently, the activators (the tab thingys that you push down) were stuck. It took a spoon (well spoons) full of hot or warm water and a pair of scissors or whatever can fit into the space for you to push the tabs down.

Healthy hair, here I come :toocool:
Mine always get stuck like that. If you use anything sugary they will get really stuck. I stopped using mine it made me so mad.

GGsKin

Is glycerin known for making your hair frizzy? It helps draw moisture from the air to your hair so wouldn't that make sense? My hair is soft but perpetually super frizzy and I'm wondering if it's the high amount glycerin in my products. I also live in Missouri and it's humid here (not terribly, but still)

I stay away from glycerin in my stylers for this very reason. Just doesn't work with my hair where I live.

KinkyRN

Just trying to figure out a regimen to fit my schedule next year. The first half of the year is going to be extremely busy for me. I'll be moving, finishing nursing school, taking my NCLEX and starting a new job. I want to roller set, bun and hide my hair under wigs but I know I can't do it all. I just need to figure out what's feasible.

When I bun, I have a tendency to neglect my hair for weeks at a time when I get too busy. Then that means I'll have to find time for long detangling sessions. Same thing with wearing wigs. Rollersetting means that I have to find at least 3 hours a week to wash, set and dry.
When I was finishing nursing school I would sit under the dryer and study. I would fit in a little me time and study time whenever possible. Good luck!

KinkyRN

I've been talking about this. They know what they are doing.

Select lines, select stores, limited variety, reduced sales.

As an online vendor they suck, but they gonna make it.

And I've noticed targ.et doesn't run sales on other items when SM isn't on sale.
I wonder if some of these products are a result of the app that helps you pick your own customized line. I saw 2 new lotions in wal mart. They are going main stream like Carol's Daughter, soon the quality will drop and they will be in the clearance section.

ItsMeLilLucky

I'm sitting thinking (and eating pizza) , this is the first time in a long time that I've been excited about doing my hair. I have been in a fog the last couple of years and just really unenthusiastic about caring for my hair. It probably showed on my hair too. Ironically, felt the same way (excited) when I first went natural 50-11 years ago. Sometimes you just need a change in texture, and it's okay.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I wonder if some of these products are a result of the app that helps you pick your own customized line. I saw 2 new lotions in wal mart. They are going main stream like Carol's Daughter, soon the quality will drop and they will be in the clearance section.

They are already in Marshall's. Anyway, I saw the restoration Masque and I'm tempted to try it. It went from yellow to white and looks like it will actually work.

If it does work, none of this would make sense.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.

Attachments

• 20161230_122843.jpg
    20161230_122843.jpg
    930 KB · Views: 35
  • 20161230_122906.jpg
    20161230_122906.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I wish the creator of this hair journal app would update it. It's been a year and a half since the last update. This app has such great potential, if she'd just update a few things and implement suggestions posted in the reviews. Guess I have to make my own of get a journal app that I can make a template for and document my hair successes there.

ItsMeLilLucky

I gave up on detangling my hair tonight. It's so late and I'm tired. I'm really frustrated with it. I'm honestly considering relaxing my hair again. I don't want to, I love the way my natural hair looks but I cant do anything with it without a fight.
Just take a deep breath. You're a bit frustrated and that's understandable. Maybe you need to sleep on it, so you can make a clear headed decision.

ItsMeLilLucky

I'm done flat ironing and trimming. Hoo mah gawd, my right side was jacked up. It is noticeably shorter than the left. I don't know how or why my left side grew as long as it did (with less chewed up ends), but the right side didn't get the memo :lachen:

Looks like I'll be rocking the asymmetrical (did you know I tried to spell this word at least 5 times?) look for a while lol. I tried to make it cute, but I's tired boss.

Edited to add a picture

Attachments

• IMG_5718.JPG
    IMG_5718.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_5718.JPG
    IMG_5718.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 52