Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

MzSwift

•It was blue magic and some random conditioner I got a while ago and was trying to use up
•I mixed them together lol
•I neutralized probably 4 or 5 times because my hair felt weird from that combination. It felt kinda sticky and coated.
•I'm scared to use ACV on my relaxed hair. I've already pushed the limit with how closely (time-wise) I've applied the chemicals lol
•Your hair is/was gorgeous!
•I think all is well again. I applied my Netwurks stuff, my PW77 (prettywitty77 moisture mix), and my oil mix. My hair is soft again :D
I had my head tied with my scarf and I had to take it off. My head was hot lol.

That's good you were able to get it soft again. I know it's not always easy to transition to the chemicals from natural hair. HHJ! :)

I love PW77 and her beautiful hair! I'm working toward getting my hair texture like hers.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
@whosthatcurl

IKR! They all seem to go natural at some point.

I watch TheTabbi1 too bc she has fine density like I do. My long hair will probably look like hers more so than PW77 though. :( Her hair it's so thick! That's why I texlax instead of bonelax.
I watch her too, but she hasn't uploaded in a while. Neither has Lauren Mechelle. You're right about everyone going natural, I'm like "hey:wavey: we still have some relaxed folks over here":lachen:
Now I watch All of Destiny, Pw77, Madam Gemini, and whatever random channel I can find lol

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I want to try out my new Pureology products...but I also want to do a henna gloss which I haven't done in a while. I want to but I don't want to do too many new things. I think I just try the pureology for now. I need to revamp my henna gloss recipe anyway...

GGsKin

My hair kept getting caught in the zip of my dress today. I was cringing at the though of my ends getting all chewed up by my clothes. Getting rubbed up by my wool-lined hood of my coat and scarf. Between the zips and the wool and the cold, I think I'm ready to try some twists on the part of my hair that is currently loose. The top half is still canerowed in two.

ItsMeLilLucky

What do you gals think is a reasonable price for a natural hair salon to charge for a wash, condition, detangle and silk press?
I guess it depends on what area you go to. The more affluent areas are going to charge more than the less affluent areas. I'm in Chicago, and the last time I got a silk press (years ago) I think she charged me like $60 or so.

Royalq

I guess it depends on what area you go to. The more affluent areas are going to charge more than the less affluent areas. I'm in Chicago, and the last time I got a silk press (years ago) I think she charged me like $60 or so.
What else was involved in the silk press? its south florida. Not very high income. But one salon i was looking at was charging $110+ i was like, nope! Im going to call around a bit. Ideally I want to get my hair done every 2 weeks but not if its going to be super pricey.

curlyTisME

Blowout is getting oily. I really do not plan on washing my hair. I'll keep it wrapped and use dry shampoo to keep it alive.

The weather here in Charlotte sucks right now too on a side note.

ItsMeLilLucky

What else was involved in the silk press? its south florida. Not very high income. But one salon i was looking at was charging $110+ i was like, nope! Im going to call around a bit. Ideally I want to get my hair done every 2 weeks but not if its going to be super pricey.
I think it was wash, condition, blow dry and flat iron.

ItsMeLilLucky

If you use NW21, and leave-ins butters and such from APB,
I'm happy to report that they play really nicely together. I barely got any itches. I spray APB first cause my hair can be a little thirst bucket even in it's relaxed state, then the NW21 cream (just plain Netwurks stuff doesn't do anything for my hair), then the APB oils on top.

JerriBlank

Sooooooo,Ojon Restorativetreatment that used to be bae was just 2 different kinds of palm oil, saw palmetto fruit extract, and lecithin...plus the signature fragrance and preservatives...

Why yes, I most certainly will be making my own version! Lol! ***!
I have tons of tubs of organic shortening, made from 2 kinds of organic palm oils, plus organic coconut oil. I got them on clearance for $1.79 apiece. I can do tons of experiments with just 1 tub, and the other ingredients will cost me about $15 at VitaminShoppe. This is happening, today! :yep: