Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Everything is just easy.

Instead of "use up your stash", I gave away and trashed all the non holy grails.

No longer being a PJ (reformed since 2011 or so) has also been a win in my court.

Last but not least:
Trying QB detangling ghee and buying avocado oil.
^^QB &Avocado oil have solidified my regimen.

There is really something about that GHEE! My sample knocked me away! I'm not exactly sure where to put it in my regimen. Once I do, I feel that will enhance my hair care tremendously.

Daina

I think this is the last purchase I'm going make before commencing the Use Up Your Stash and No-Buy Challenges.

I can see these being VERY useful:
  • for drying my hair to keep the hair closer to the scalp (so it ends up less puffy/poofy),
  • to help me on wash day to keep my detangled hair in sections: then, once hair is detangled and clipped, I could wash the hair that way without needed to twist the hair up (further manipulation), and I could -- because the hair is in clips -- apply my leave-in and gel and end moisturizer section by section,
  • etc.

View attachment 392921

@YvetteWithJoy, hey great minds think alike I just ordered some from Amazon and looking forward to using them!

OhTall1

I tried to do a twist out while I was out sick.
Me no likey.:nono: The twist part actually turned out okay. Adding perm rods to the ends messed everything up and made me look crazy. Thanks to the Gorilla Snot I got last year at the DMV meet up, I was able to slick everything up into a cute textured bun. Maybe I'll try one more time with out the rods, but it's a lot of effort for something that doesn't come out as nice as my regular degular old wash and go look.

GGsKin

I tried to do a twist out while I was out sick.
Me no likey.:nono: The twist part actually turned out okay. Adding perm rods to the ends messed everything up and made me look crazy. Thanks to the Gorilla Snot I got last year at the DMV meet up, I was able to slick everything up into a cute textured bun. Maybe I'll try one more time with out the rods, but it's a lot of effort for something that doesn't come out as nice as my regular degular old wash and go look.

How I feel about my twist outs.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
The crimper curlers I ordered arrived today. I took down a small section of my 5-day old puff, water rinsed it, added some old foam I had, and clamped one of the crimpers on it.

Wouldn't stay closed at the top without a band. Dried fast!!!

Crimper was too short for the section, so I placed it close to the bottom since that made it easier to close. Result equals nice definition but puffiness at the top. I only bought 24 crimper curlers. I'm not so sure that will cover my whole head. Debating whether to try a full set tonight or tomorrow.

I wonder what setting product I should use? I have the CRN style setting stuff and didn't like it for a wash-and-go. Maybe it would work with these crimper curlers? My old foam doesn't seem to be making a strong hold/set.

CrimperCurlerTestSmaller.png

Aggie

The crimper curlers I ordered arrived today. I took down a small section of my 5-day old puff, water rinsed it, added some old foam I had, and clamped one of the crimpers on it.

Wouldn't stay closed at the top without a band. Dried fast!!!

Crimper was too short for the section, so I placed it close to the bottom since that made it easier to close. Result equals nice definition but puffiness at the top. I only bought 24 crimper curlers. I'm not so sure that will cover my whole head. Debating whether to try a full set tonight or tomorrow.

I wonder what setting product I should use? I have the CRN style setting stuff and didn't like it for a wash-and-go. Maybe it would work with these crimper curlers? My old foam doesn't seem to be making a strong hold/set.

View attachment 393217
So cute @YvetteWithJoy

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
My weak twist-out threw DH for a loop. He stared for like 30 secs. and said, "You look completely different." Went to DS1, "Are you sure that's your mother in there?" He randomly stared again later. I guess he is in shock I finally styled my hair after soooo many years of fro and puff.