Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Feeling the urge to go old school and grease my scalp, can anyone recommend a light grease with a nice scent? Thanks.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Was in Walmart today just "browsing" in the ethnic hair care aisle and was shocked to see Silicon Mix products and Crece Pelo products. When did that happen??? Now I need to re-research those brands after all these years.

ETA: Obia Naturals was there too. Walmart is stepping up. They let their shelves have products other than just Shea Moisture on them.

Last edited:

Destiny9109

Where are beauty supply stores getting this to sell? People are still buying it. I loved it too, but I moved on when they discontinued it.

Evolving78

Was in Walmart today just "browsing" in the ethnic hair care aisle and was shocked to see Silicon Mix products and Crece Pelo products. When did that happen??? Now I need to re-research those brands after all these years.

ETA: Obia Naturals was there too. Walmart is stepping up. They let their shelves have products other than just Shea Moisture on them.
They are in Target too...folks like to buy it for their weave.

Royalq

maann. Is there a way for me to get my hands on Qhemet Biologics without paying an arm and a leg? Goodness. There are no sephora's in a 100 mile radius that carry it:cry3:. And the Amla cream is 21 plus a damn near 6 dollar shipping fee plus tax its $28.84:cry2:. While i love it , it hurts to spend damn near 30 bucks for 8 oz of product. ugh.

I put my hair in mini twists which i intend to keep for a month. I need a break.

Anaisin

maann. Is there a way for me to get my hands on Qhemet Biologics without paying an arm and a leg? Goodness. There are no sephora's in a 100 mile radius that carry it:cry3:. And the Amla cream is 21 plus a damn near 6 dollar shipping fee plus tax its $28.84:cry2:. While i love it , it hurts to spend damn near 30 bucks for 8 oz of product. ugh.

I put my hair in mini twists which i intend to keep for a month. I need a break.
Sephora has free shipping at $50

VictoriousBrownFlower

I'm nowhere near as obsessed or excited about my hair like I was when I first bc'd which I love. It's only been maybe the last month or so that I've lost interest but to me when I get like this progress is foolproof.

When I'm in that obsessed mode I constantly want to play in my hair. Whether it's trying different styles or products I'm always manipulating it and my growth suffers for it. But when I get like this and lose interest in it I just leave it alone(usually in a protective style) and my hair flourishes with little effort.

So for the last month it's just been doing my normal routine once a wk and putting it in a bun for the week. I do style my hair in out styles (braidout or wash and go) occassionally to see my progress but that's it and I'm loving it.

SugarSweetCoco**

Okay.. so I'm currently trying to improve my texlax mix in time for my next touch up. Any thoughts and opinions are welcome!

I'm thinking of using the following:
Base: Lye relaxer in regular
Buffer/Emollient: Shea butter
Humectant: Liquid Honey
Moisture: Black seed/ argan/olive oil
Protein: 15ml of Aphogee 2 Step or Olaplex

My aim is to create a protein fortified relaxer.. is this a recipe for disaster? TIA :drunk::drunk:

CurliDiva

Ladies, I had a wonderful HAIR dream last night that seemed so real and juicy!

My natural hair was half pressed and reached knee-length! Everybody was so shocked that my shrunken afro was actually that l-o-n-g but I was all nonchalant about it (thanks to LHCF) and just gently flipped it over my shoulders. I remember the feel, texture, and even the greys in my hairline.

Last edited: