Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Conditioner runs out so fast. But every tine time I try to buy in bulk it's never many in stock. Plus I honestly have nowhere to put it

Thanks, boo. :2inlove:

Flat ironed and it poofed within minutes. :lachen: But that's okay. Did my trim, am half way through this next set of crochets. Gotta stay focused, can't distracted by all this pretty hair. I'm aiming for mbl next year. Pray for me, y'all.

@AdoraAdora24 I told my mother about your reggie and, once she takes down these braids, she's all over it. :up:
Yay !!!! I hope it all works out well for her!! Thank you for the shout-out!

I started my own personal challenge....until the end of this year.

I will not pull down hair to check the length....anymore.

I will leave it up in a bun (not touching it at all).

I will not re-moisturize (unless absolutely necessary and most times its not, I was just OCD)

I will not focus on my hair at all! (I could use that energy to pray)

So far I have had my hair in this same bun for a few days and it is still moisturized because the grease sealed it all in.

My hair does not need me fussing over it anymore...it is good.

Also I have been so much better this past week while focusing on other things!

Last edited:
Bizarrely I can't seem to just link to the Amazon page!

If you go to Amazon and search for Tony & Candice Graphic Silk Scarf you'll see it, £10.99

I found it. Thanks heaps!

How do you tie it to make sure that it doesn't slip when you are asleep?

I found it. Thanks heaps!

How do you tie it to make sure that it doesn't slip when you are asleep?

I fold it into a triangle, like this. However you do it, it's important that you vary the knot, don't always have it in one place, you need to switch it up so the knot isn't continually rubbing in the same place all the time.

HOW-TO-03-6-simple-ways-to-wear-head-scarf.jpg

I am so frustrated of feeling sick and tired. I went to the Dr. office yesterday and two doctors made me felt a certain way (abnormal and like I am not caring about myself). I admit, I have been told for years that I am over weight and on the borderline of having diabetes among other things (suffer with depression and stress). Meanwhile, my financial situation does not help. The doctors made me felt like I do not care about myself (when clearly I told them about my struggles and they know I suffer with depression). I just feel that sometimes, too much info can be bad on someone like me that does not have the motivation, encouragement and money. I just feel so overwhelm. Anyways, I am going grocery shopping Friday. I will purchase foods that I can afford that will be healthy for me along with buying others things for my other family members. I planned to add in smoothies for breakfast and lunch and eat in moderation for dinner (no fried foods, salt, butter,etc). I know I can lose weight and eat healthy because I did it before (lost 104 lbs) but I need the willpower and motivation because some days, I just do not feel well...My body aches, feet swells and I have back problems. Still, I have to do this for me...Plus, I am tired of the doctors making me feel abnormal. One even asked me how did I go on with stressing along with depression? He said he was amaze how I was dealing with it all...I told him that I was not a person that throw in the towel easily and try to take it one day at a time...Therefore, I been going through a storm in my life from a bad marriage, homeless and starting over (feeling trap). Pray for me.:cry3:

By the way, I have to lose 179lbs. Short term goal is to lose 54lbs within a few months to get out of 344 lbs.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Last edited:
I am so frustrated of feeling sick and tired. I went to the Dr. office yesterday and two doctors made me felt a certain way (abnormal and like I am not caring about myself). I admit, I have been told for years that I am over weight and on the borderline of having diabetes among other things (suffer with depression and stress). Meanwhile, my financial situation does not help the situation. The doctors made me felt like I do not care about myself (when clearly I told them about my struggles and they know I suffer with depression). I just feel that sometimes, too much info can be bad on someone like me that does not have the motivation, encouragement and money. I just feel so overwhelm. Anyways, I am going grocery shopping Friday. I will purchase foods that I can afford that will be healthy for me along with buying others things for my other family members. I planned to add in smoothies for breakfast and lunch and eat in moderation for dinner (no fried foods, salt, butter,etc). I know I can lose weight and eat healthy because I did it before (lost 104 lbs) but I need the willpower and motivation because some days, I just do not feel well...My body aches, feet swells and I have back problems. Still, I have to do this for me...Plus, I am tired of the doctors making me feel abnormal. One even asked me how did I go on with stressing along with depression? He said he was amaze how I was dealing with it all...I told him that I was not a person that throw in the towel easily and try to take it one day at a time...Therefore, I been going through a storm in my life from a bad marriage, homeless and starting over (feeling trap). Pray for me.:cry3:

By the way, I have to lose 179lbs. Short term goal is to lose 54lbs within a few months to get out of 344 lbs.

Wow! People who claim that it's easy and that failing to do it means that you don't care, don't really know anything. Just a single aspect of it such as losing weight is a serious struggle. For really, who enjoyes being hungry and eating tasteless food forever? I envy the people who are naturally thin or who have naturally small appetites. I always want to eat like this is the last food on earth lol. Now look at all the other challenges that life throws at us. All we can do is keep trying.

Thanks. I needed a group hug. This is tough. I do not understand how much weight I gained because I do not overeat and I am not totally lazy. Yet, I do eat poorly (not enough of healthy foods and I snack a lot). Also, I could add in walking and aerobics. Overall, I do not look 300lbs. This I am so grateful for. Still, I must put myself first. It is time!

Wow! People who claim that it's easy and that failing to do it means that you don't care, don't really know anything. Just a single aspect of it such as losing weight is a serious struggle. For really, who enjoyes being hungry and eating tasteless food forever? I envy the people who are naturally thin or who have naturally small appetites. I always want to eat like this is the last food on earth lol. Now look at all the other challenges that life throws at us. All we can do is keep trying.
I agree. Some people just do not understand the struggle of what life throws at us (some of us)....Sometimes, it isn't our choice! Yet, I try to move forward the best way I know how...I know I need to lose weight, exercise and eat healthier, but they (doctors) made me felt abnormal (knowing my struggles from childhood and presently). Do they ever think life sometimes can be overwhelming? And, maybe over eating or eating wrong is a way of handling what is going on in life, etc?

I am so frustrated of feeling sick and tired. I went to the Dr. office yesterday and two doctors made me felt a certain way (abnormal and like I am not caring about myself). I admit, I have been told for years that I am over weight and on the borderline of having diabetes among other things (suffer with depression and stress). Meanwhile, my financial situation does not help the situation. The doctors made me felt like I do not care about myself (when clearly I told them about my struggles and they know I suffer with depression). I just feel that sometimes, too much info can be bad on someone like me that does not have the motivation, encouragement and money. I just feel so overwhelm. Anyways, I am going grocery shopping Friday. I will purchase foods that I can afford that will be healthy for me along with buying others things for my other family members. I planned to add in smoothies for breakfast and lunch and eat in moderation for dinner (no fried foods, salt, butter,etc). I know I can lose weight and eat healthy because I did it before (lost 104 lbs) but I need the willpower and motivation because some days, I just do not feel well...My body aches, feet swells and I have back problems. Still, I have to do this for me...Plus, I am tired of the doctors making me feel abnormal. One even asked me how did I go on with stressing along with depression? He said he was amaze how I was dealing with it all...I told him that I was not a person that throw in the towel easily and try to take it one day at a time...Therefore, I been going through a storm in my life from a bad marriage, homeless and starting over (feeling trap). Pray for me.:cry3:

Please, find new doctors stat! Those mo's pissed me off. I'm half tempted to go with you on your next appointment.

Back