Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
@AdoraAdora24 your post are too cute!

@YvetteWithJoy you and your DH are a trip-and-a-half.

Weird milestones: I can hold hair between my lips, a useful tool while finger-detangling.

My wet hair drapes my shoulders and a third of my back. Strange feeling...

Keep on hitting those milestones! My wet hair won't drape :happydance:. The wetter it gets....:brainfog:.

"Weird milestones" are underrated.

imaginary

Some thoughts

What happened to 4b hair? It seems you’re either 4a or 4c now, not seeing as much mention of 4b hair outside of the forum now

What’s up with type 3s claiming 4c

Why are type 3s who claim type 4c so adamant about being type 4c

Because they want a way to say their hair is super difficult that's not linked to their own techniques or abilities.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I used to hate when I was younger and knew [older] people with long hair and hear [older] people say “so and so hair is that long because they do nothing with it”. Irked my nerves. What does that even mean :pullhair:

So when I did nothing, guess what happened? Nothing! :pyro:Nann retention.

Now, I truly do nothing to my hair and it grows :rofl:just wash, deep condition, make sure to at least seal my hair with something heavy, whatever treatments in between and protective style. Nothing is still something, but I tell people who ask me “nothing special” versus nothing.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I used to hate when I was younger and knew [older] people with long hair and hear [older] people say “so and so hair is that long because they do nothing with it”. Irked my nerves. What does that even mean :pullhair:

So when I did nothing, guess what happened? Nothing! :pyro:Nann retention.

Now, I truly do nothing to my hair and it grows :rofl:just wash, deep condition, make sure to at least seal my hair with something heavy, whatever treatments in between and protective style. Nothing is still something, but I tell people who ask me “nothing special” versus nothing.
You brought back an old memory, the term used on the hair boards since the early days: benign neglect.

Benign neglect,
Lot less stress...

Evolving78

I love my titanium flat iron because it’s pretty, but I can’t mess with it! I realized the last time I used it, I suffered some heat damage to my ends on one side of my hair. I kept thinking I just didn’t comb through enough when I flat ironed to get my ends straight, but nope, I singed them! I was calling myself trying to gradually trim the side, but I said forget it and just got rid of those burnt ends. I cut the other side to, so it wouldn’t be uneven. I don’t care. That gradual stuff is not for me.. it’s like why hold on to something that isn’t going to get you anywhere but stuck?

Last edited:

Bad&Bougee

Has anyone been on Komaza's website in the past day or two? Norton won't let me access the site - safety issues......

LuvlyRain3

I love my titanium flat iron because it’s pretty, but I can’t mess with it! I realized the last time I used it, I suffered some heat damage to my ends on one side of my hair. I kept thinking I just didn’t comb through enough when I flat ironed to get my ends straight, but nope, I singed them! I was called myself trying to gradually trim the side, but I said forget and just got rid of those burnt ends. I cut the other side to, so it wouldn’t be uneven. I don’t care. That gradual stuff is not for me.. it’s like why hold on to something that isn’t going to get you anywhere but stuck?

Why do you think it’s the titanium flat iron?? I used a titanium flat iro for the first time a few weeks ago and honestly couldn’t tell the difference between it and my ceramic one.

Evolving78

Why do you think it’s the titanium flat iron?? I used a titanium flat iro for the first time a few weeks ago and honestly couldn’t tell the difference between it and my ceramic one.
It happened during my flat iron session. My hair texture requires high heat to straighten, even though it is fine. I usually flat iron my hair 375-415 degrees. Titanium plates get hot, but don’t distribute, or hold heat evenly like a real ceramic iron.
I started off with a low setting, and it wasn’t straightening my hair at all. When I turned it up to 400, that’s when it happened. I didn’t think much of it, since I didn’t do the chase method.
I have since bought a ceramic. I have three titanium irons, that just don’t cut it for my hair texture. I kept my croc on 375-9? (Digital) and it doesn’t get my hair straight. Even a stylist knows, you may not be able to use titanium on every client.

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
The Mane Choice is coming to the Bahamas and looking for natural hair models. At first I was all hyped to volunteer then I remembered I get back to the country an hour after the expo starts so no go.

Was sad until I remembered what happened the last time I let a stranger touch my hair, i.e. why I am not waist length.

LuvlyRain3

It happened during my flat iron session. My hair texture requires high heat to straighten, even though it is fine. I usually flat iron my hair 375-415 degrees. Titanium plates get hot, but don’t distribute, or hold heat evenly like a real ceramic iron.
I started off with a low setting, and it wasn’t straightening my hair at all. When I turned it up to 400, that’s when it happened. I didn’t think much of it, since I didn’t do the chase method.
I have since bought a ceramic. I have three titanium irons, that just don’t cut it for my hair texture. I kept my croc on 375-9? (Digital) and it doesn’t get my hair straight. Even a stylist knows, you may not be able to use titanium on every client.

Oh wow, I have a croc, too. Both the ceramic and the titanium. I typically flat iron at 380-390 on my ceramic. But I got the titanium as a gift and wanted to see what the big deal was. I may stick to my ceramic knowing this. I like the feel of the ceramic gliding on my hair more anyways.

Evolving78

Oh wow, I have a croc, too. Both the ceramic and the titanium. I typically flat iron at 380-390 on my ceramic. But I got the titanium as a gift and wanted to see what the big deal was. I may stick to my ceramic knowing this. I like the feel of the ceramic gliding on my hair more anyways.
Yeah your really gotta know and understand how and when to use that, especially on natural hair. It may get the hair pin straight, but it could also cause heat damage, or just flat out burn your hair.