Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
Single digit?! :cold: Hibernating sounds good; cold weather is brutal on hair. Does cold weather make you feel less motivated to do your hair or do you find yourself babying your tresses more?

I baby my tresses more. Even though I'm wearing a satin cap under my wigs and I M&S regularly, it does not stop my scalp from getting really dry. I'm currently pre-pooing my hair with aloe vera/olive oil/Keravada 1010 oil to bring moisture to my hair and scalp on this wonderful snow day.

Evolving78

Think I'm gonna spend this snow day learning how to cornrow my own hair......
I’m gonna get a mannequin. I need to practice on my parting and creating some styles. I have a daughter and want to do more things with her hair that doesn’t require using hair ties, ponytail holders, rubber bands. She doesn’t like them. I just need one with textured hair, but not that rough mess I had before.

Soaring Eagle

Singin’ the praises of the baggy method
So I’ve been told that I’m BSB/BSL, I don’t feel like I am though. My hair seems very short, which probably has a lot to do with these layers that I have. I guess this is what you call ‘hair anorexia’.

Could I really make it to MBL by December 2018? I would be only 3.5 natural/post relaxer at that time. I know it’s possible, but I never thought that I could do it— at least not in that time frame.

Alma Petra

So I’ve been told that I’m BSB/BSL, I don’t feel like I am though. My hair seems very short, which probably has a lot to do with these layers that I have. I guess this is what you call ‘hair anorexia’.

Could I really make it to MBL by December 2018? I would be only 3.5 natural/post relaxer at that time. I know it’s possible, but I never thought that I could do it— at least not in that time frame.

You are BSL so MBL is your next destination. It should definitely be doable if you maintain the same healthy practices that got you from APL to BSL, unless maybe you are very tall and you need a lot of inches to get there. On me for example, I won't even aim for MBL because my waist is right below my bra strap lol. Just focus on retention.

Evolving78

You will be there way before Dec! Just keep sticking to what works and adjust accordingly. Don’t go trying a bunch of new products, or doing a bunch of styling. Claim it! You just have shrinkage!

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Girl why you made squint to read B! I was tempted to buy it because it looks and smells good.
:lol: because it reminded me immediately of a whole ‘nother thread started in a beyond section I won’t mention, by a poster whom I will not mention, basically talking about exactly this.

And it happens to contain Shea and coconut, two “no-no’s” mentioned in some articles posted in another thread I won’t mention, in the bed section of this forum, by one my favorite posters, which started another discussion that was pretty mild but adjacent to the thread in the beyond section.

:lol: You ladies be on it.

PJaye

:lol: because it reminded me immediately of a whole ‘nother thread started in a beyond section I won’t mention, by a poster whom I will not mention, basically talking about exactly this.

And it happens to contain Shea and coconut, two “no-no’s” mentioned in some articles posted in another thread I won’t mention, in the bed section of this forum, by one my favorite posters, which started another discussion that was pretty mild but adjacent to the thread in the beyond section.

I had to draw a diagram using arrows and different colored ink just to understand this post.:lol:

trueheartofgold

:giggle: So are you going to try the mask? :poke"

PJaye

OK, I broke a promise - I purchased some hair products yesterday after vowing now to buy anything else until I'd gotten my stash under control (which should take me until 2020:lol:). However, it was for a good cause. I accidentally found two tubs of the original formula of Wetline Gel. I wasn't even in the hair products section of the store. Someone had hidden them behind the first aid items. I had no choice but to snag them up.:look:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
OK, I broke a promise - I purchased some hair products yesterday after vowing now to buy anything else until I'd gotten my stash under control (which should take me until 2020:lol:). However, it was for a good cause. I accidentally found two tubs of the original formula of Wetline Gel. I wasn't even in the hair products section of the store. Someone had hidden them behind the first aid items. I had no choice but to snag them up.:look:

If she really wanted them, she would have bought them instead of hiding them. Unless she worked there :look: I hope she’s not on the forum :look:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Pulled out my wallet all ready to support and got disappointed within 2 minutes of browsing the site.

Henna is henna
Cassia is cassia

So why is your henna oil called that when there is no henna in It? Why is it not called cassia oil instead? Cause ain't nobody checking for no cassia oil. So misleading. *Throws wallet back in my purse*

keranikki

I had a horrific dream, where a stylist cut off my thick waist length hair to a choppy/un-styled/ barely SL mess. Then sent me to the back of the salon to wait for her, yet she dips out instead. The other stylists feel bad for me, so they treat me to a meal. The meal is steamed snakes on a bed of rice. Then I woke up.

Evolving78

I had a horrific dream, where a stylist cut off my thick waist length hair to a choppy/un-styled/ barely SL mess. Then sent me to the back of the salon to wait for her, yet she dips out instead. The other stylists feel bad for me, so they treat me to a meal. The meal is steamed snakes on a bed of rice. Then I woke up.
Girl! Are you a praying woman? Did you pray after that? I had snakes attack me, or chase me in my dreams before. I felt threatened in real life, and that stuff played out in my sleep.

YvetteWithJoy

On break

:thud:

I rebuke this dream and even the faintest idea or memory of it.

Back! Begone! Poof! Vamoose! Skidaddle!

PJaye

@keranikki That dream is so scary! I wouldn't go into a salon for all of 2018 if I had that dream.

@PJaye In what store did you find the Wet Line? Was it a national chain? I love this gel and need to re-up on the old formula!

I found it in Walmart behind the band-aids.:lol: They only had the new formula in the hair products section. Give it a shot to see if they have it and be sure to check the ingredients before purchasing.

Angel1881

Lurker '01; Member '08; First post '17
I found it in Walmart behind the band-aids.:lol: They only had the new formula in the hair products section. Give it a shot to see if they have it and be sure to check the ingredients before purchasing.

Thank you so much! I am halfway through my large jar of gel, so the pressure is on.

keranikki

Girl! Are you a praying woman? Did you pray after that? I had snakes attack me, or chase me in my dreams before. I felt threatened in real life, and that stuff played out in my sleep.
:thud:

I rebuke this dream and even the faintest idea or memory of it.

Back! Begone! Poof! Vamoose! Skidaddle!
@keranikki That dream is so scary! I wouldn't go into a salon for all of 2018 if I had that dream.

@PJaye In what store did you find the Wet Line? Was it a national chain? I love this gel and need to re-up on the old formula!

Yes I'm a praying woman! I take heed to my dreams for I believe in it's messaging abilities.

I need to stick to what I'm doing for my hair, no new friends, no old friends, and no new products. As far as the stewed snake goes, I need to continue to pray on that. Does it mean I'm going to be able to stop someone's mischievousness in the long run, at the expense of me (since it's dead)? Do I need to just watch out?

I will not go to anyone's salon this year, even to the stylist I have learned to trust. She is the one who colored my hair. I adore her, even though she is not the person in my dream who destroyed my hair, it's possible that she is pregnant; in that, she may not be available when I need her.

On another note, I hate it when I'm ready to make a purchase and there is no free shipping. So you get my attention by discounting your products, then you try to rape me on shipping?! Even when the weight of the products don't equate to one pound? Wigtypes.com got me messed up.