Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

YvetteWithJoy

On break
The lady in front of me at Sephora had a pretty nice looking flat ironed style.

She said she applies a Creme of Nature serum to blow dry, then applies it again to flat iron. She said it comes in a bottle that is clear with a red top. I may investigate the ingredients. Does anyone have a review?

IMG_20180330_132845-1728x2304.jpg

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I did some stash reorganization and purging work this morning. :up: :yep: :clapping:

I refound a few things I forgot I had, such as the Sheaterra Morrocan Mud Poo.

I put all my samples and hair expo swag bag products in one drawer. I also dedicated one drawer to overflow skin and body care products.

I still have about 2 boxes of hair stuff to organize (my ayurvedic oils and powders and just a random bag from when I travel). But overall, this was a great start.

I made a donate bag and a "trash" bag for products to throw out. I can hardly wait to donate this stuff to a few women's shelters.

Anybody else have a tough time throwing stuff out?

IMG_20180331_083501-1287x1218.jpg

Britt

I really don't want to waste a lot of money this go around. I'm currently in braids, but I already know I need a good heavy duty moisturizer for my twa. I want something not greasy and penetrates into my hair keeping it moist. Don't know. I only know i don't want a stash of products in my possession, just my staples.

So far i need a new a styler and a moisturizer... these two are the most challenging.

When I previously natural I absolutely loved camille rose moisturizer but she changed the formula on that :cry3:. It was light, detangling and actually melted straight into my hair leaving it moist. My SO who has coarse dry hair used to use it on his beard also and it worked. I hate when companies do this.

So I need a new gel/cream gel and a new moisturizer.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I really don't want to waste a lot of money this go around. I'm currently in braids, but I already know I need a good heavy duty moisturizer for my twa. I want something not greasy and penetrates into my hair keeping it moist. Don't know. I only know i don't want a stash of products in my possession, just my staples.

So far i need a new a styler and a moisturizer... these two are the most challenging.

When I previously natural I absolutely loved camille rose moisturizer but she changed the formula on that :cry3:. It was light, detangling and actually melted straight into my hair leaving it moist. My SO who has coarse dry hair used to use it on his beard also and it worked. I hate when companies do this.

So I need a new gel/cream gel and a new moisturizer.

I hope you find what you need without a lot of trialing. And I hope what you desire to trial comes in sample sizes!

Britt

I hope you find what you need without a lot of trialing. And I hope what you desire to trial comes in sample sizes!
Thank you! I'll be moving soon and I'm going through so many used and unused products that I simply don't need. Not only is it clutter, but it's a real waste of money. I'll have to start really watching my spending on these types of miscellaneous products shortly so I hope I do.
Right now I'm rocking braids and plan to do so for the new few months, but I still need a good moisturizer/gel styler. If you come across any posts mentioning these, especially a styler/gel please tag me :yep:

movingforward

Moving forward and onward
I have been transitioning for about 3 months, prior to my Senegalese twists install.

I kept the twists in for about 2 months and removed them last night. I would say about 80% of my relaxed ends are gone. A bunch of new growth, but my length is totally gone.

Yeah, my hair prior to the twists were about neck length. I’m now ear length.

Sitting here trying to figure out what to do with my hair.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I have been transitioning for about 3 months, prior to my Senegalese twists install.

I kept the twists in for about 2 months and removed them last night. I would say about 80% of my relaxed ends are gone. A bunch of new growth, but my length is totally gone.

LOL those ends were like "Uh..we see that we don't belong here, its getting a lil too kinky. We're not here for it."

I say reinstall twists.

silverlotus

Thank you! I'll be moving soon and I'm going through so many used and unused products that I simply don't need. Not only is it clutter, but it's a real waste of money. I'll have to start really watching my spending on these types of miscellaneous products shortly so I hope I do.
Right now I'm rocking braids and plan to do so for the new few months, but I still need a good moisturizer/gel styler. If you come across any posts mentioning these, especially a styler/gel please tag me :yep:

NaturelleGrow sells sample sizes of her leave-ins, maybe you could try those? I like the Hibiscus & Honey one and the Vanilla & Fig spritzer. The Sweet Plantain is thicker but not bad. As far as gel, I bought the Curl Junkie Pattern Pusha to try. I’ll keep you posted. Mane Choice Biotin gel flaked like hell! If the Pattern Pusha doesn’t work, I might stick to Curlmaker. Is there a reason you didn’t like that one?

Britt

NaturelleGrow sells sample sizes of her leave-ins, maybe you could try those? I like the Hibiscus & Honey one and the Vanilla & Fig spritzer. The Sweet Plantain is thicker but not bad. As far as gel, I bought the Curl Junkie Pattern Pusha to try. I’ll keep you posted. Mane Choice Biotin gel flaked like hell! If the Pattern Pusha doesn’t work, I might stick to Curlmaker. Is there a reason you didn’t like that one?
Thank you!
I remember not liking the mane choice gel either. Curl maker is cool, but my hair is so short and hard to deal with that i went and got braids the very next day. When it gets longer I could try the curl maker again. I don't think my hair can do a wash and go yet, it was 'in shock' when i big chopped, like hardly any curls and just dry. I would have to do perm rod sets to make it look decent. At this point I'm gonna continue on with the back to back braids until I can get some decent length to wear twist outs again... and I have a wayyyyyyys to get there :nono:

silverlotus

Thank you!
I remember not liking the mane choice gel either. Curl maker is cool, but my hair is so short and hard to deal with that i went and got braids the very next day. When it gets longer I could try the curl maker again. I don't think my hair can do a wash and go yet, it was 'in shock' when i big chopped, like hardly any curls and just dry. I would have to do perm rod sets to make it look decent. At this point I'm gonna continue on with the back to back braids until I can get some decent length to wear twist outs again... and I have a wayyyyyyys to get there :nono:

Hold up.... when did you BC?! I thought you were holding out a little longer.

Evolving78

@Britt
So you just go and do a BC and don’t tell me?!!?! Lol
Congrats lady!
Can you do some finger coils, or small two strand twists to get some curls going? Or use a sponge?

BlessedXs2

I just DONT understand that!! I’m transitioning too and when I got braids I had a ton of breakage. I thought I did everything right

movingforward

Moving forward and onward
I just DONT understand that!! I’m transitioning too and when I got braids I had a ton of breakage. I thought I did everything right

I think its that line of demarcation. Depending on the person, breakage is inevitable, also considering the amount of stress that is placed on the hair due to the weight of the braids. I had braids to my butt, then I cut them shoulder length and the hair was still heavy.

I’m going to get my hair corn rolled and crochet the hair in. I had less breakage that way.

Soaring Eagle

Singin’ the praises of the baggy method
My hair is making decent strides. It’s sitting on my shoulders after being freshly washed and 60% dry. Not to toot my own horn, but my hair reminds me of those kinky extensions that have been very popular lately (I’m basically saying that I could possibly sell my own hair at this point) LOL.
I said that I would not let all of my twists down at the same time anytime soon,but I was feeling discouraged and needed to really examine my hair to determine if there was anything I needed to change in my regimen. Turns out, I’m doing just fine.

Attachments

• 25482F3B-8317-4BFA-99F1-440797630EA1.jpeg
    25482F3B-8317-4BFA-99F1-440797630EA1.jpeg
    452.4 KB · Views: 47

icsonia22

Protective styling is a double edged sword. On one hand, it's helping me retain moisture and length. On the other hand, I'm using it as a crutch instead of just taking the time to style my own hair. I'm pretty sure I could do a really nice braid out or bantu knot out but I can't justify spending all that time on a style and having it last for one or 2 days. I'd rather just moisturize, seal and throw a wig on.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
So i measured my hair and it stretched to 17/18 inches after my trim. On my way to having super long hair. I have reached me "long" hair goal..."SUPER LONG" is were I'm going.

So why when trimming I got mad at my hair for having nothjng to trim? I really did lol. Ends looking all together. I trimmed anyway (1/2") for precaution measures :look:. I had to remember the reasons why my ends looked very decent:
1. I don't wear my hair out ever...Never.

2. I don't straighten or blow dry.

3. My hair is super moist all the time.

4. I barely comb it (I comb once every two weeks)

5. I don't part it when styling (Mad manipulation for me.)

6. I seal my ends all the time with grease.

7. I stick to my regi and I pretty much leave it alone...(I slicks nothing down)